The Returned

I feel they're steering us towards thinking Victor is the ringleader - his absence is far longer than the others and there's still no hint as to why he at least appeared to be in the road at the time of Camille's crash. I wonder when we'll find out about what's going on in the dam too. Of all the mysteries that has been the most shrouded.

Edited by jsslatic

The dam is the one thing that's driving me mad. It keeps being briefly alluded to but with no suggestion of how it's linked in to everything else. I'm looking forward to the reveal - big or otherwise.

I looked at the Guardian blog from last night's episode and there was a reference to what looked like a church spire coming out of the water. That passed me by. They seem to be hinting there may be another town at the bottom of the dam.

I'm not opening any of those. Thanks for setting them up as hidden spoilers.

They're only discussing what's happened so far that's been shown over here if you're up to date, with an additional theory from the Guardian blog on last night's episode.

So I hear, I managed a whole one episode (the first one) before deciding that it was going to be just that. I hope this isn't going to be similar.

I made it part way through the second episode before doing the same. I have friends who were really into it and, when they chatted about it, it was clear that all of the questions from the first couple of episodes remained unanswered about four seasons in.

• 2 weeks later...

I dipped in and out of last night's episode a little bit (damn you, Steam Summer Sale!) but there were so many mad things happening. Coffin full of water. Simon coming back from the dead, again. Lena, weirdly, shagging Serge and then stumbling on a cult(? - could be lots of the Returned, according to a theory on the Guardian). Lucy's bizarro psychic abilities mid-coitus - frustrated me a little at the end, with the allusion to Simon's own suicide but no actual reveal. Victor's arm - what's with that?

I'm on ep4.

I've not read any other spoilers above cos I don't know where each spoiler is up to, also I've steered clear of the www, the urge to find out more is huge however I don't want to ruin the story.

I reckon the returned/dead have come back to uncover horrible secrets in their lives that they knew nothing about, or are they pointing at dirty secrets for others to uncover? I think the final secret is that something terrible happened to the people of the village that was flooded in the reservoir, and the chap who threw himself off the dam knew this and didn't want to face up to it; I think his younger dead/returned wife will be a huge reveal - her story will be pivotal. Also, I wonder what the relevance was with the clairvoyant that was brutally attacked by one of the returned?

I'd love to join in but I don't know had to do the spoiler thing! Loving the programme though. Think it helps not being able to speak French, can't multitask or u end up missing something! So u end up paying a lot more attention.......

Ep.7 and I'm bang up-to-date now...

Somebody's dream, zombie army or pergurtory *shudder* - whatever it is, they can't wrap it up neatly in the last episode - I am led to believe there will be a second series. My Lost klaxon may have been right, what are the odds on anybody being any the :censored:ing wiser after the last episode?

Slightly disappointed.