Tablets

I am looking at getting a tablet in the £150 £200 bracket. I have played with a Kindle Fire HD and also a Nexus 7" impressed by both.

Before you say Get an iPad they are out of my budget so I was looking more at the mid range models.

Do any of you on here use any?

£269 for an Ipad mini, not too far out of your budget razza

Moneys tight at the moment, little is due so didnt want to spend over £200, I have had an iphone for years and use an iPad at work so ideally I do want one but you know!

I would say that what you save by getting a Nexus you may end up spending on new apps, games, movies, and music, whereas with an iPad you can sync the ones you already have. That's been the only drawback of the Nexus for me.

I use an iPad as my tablet. You might be able to get an iPad 2 for your budget and aside from the screen definition and weights I don't know of any noticeable differences between the various iPads.

Oh and do you know any students/teachers as they get discounts on iPads.

Edited by rudemedic

Moneys tight at the moment, little is due so didnt want to spend over £200, I have had an iphone for years and use an iPad at work so ideally I do want one but you know!

Have a look on Apple's website at the refurbed ones. I picked up my iPad from there (3rd gen, retina 64Gb model) and it was around 30% off the brand new price. When it arrived it looked and felt brand new. Must have been a return without being opened.

If you've already got an iPhone then it's pretty daft not to get an iPad just for the synergy between the two. Even better when you've Apple TV to mirror it to. The Photo stream is pretty impressive.

If you've not got an iPhone then there's plenty of reason not to get an iPad in that case.

I use an iPad as my tablet. You might be able to get an iPad 2 for your budget and aside from the screen definition and weights I don't know of any noticeable differences between the various iPads.

Oh and do you know any students/teachers as they get discounts on iPads.

The apple education discount doesn't apply to iPad's, tried that one myself.

Mate of mine has just sold one of those where the keyboard clips on and off. He said it was crap. Could only download from the Microsoft store or something like that. Couldn't get Flash, even though it is supported, because of that limitation.. Wasn't impressed at all. I like my iPad but I think the photo stream ca be dangerous. Lets say u leave ur iPad at home and you're out taking pics that maybe u shouldn't be with your phone. Everything u take pops up on the pad at home while ur missus is playing candy crush. Not saying its happened...... Just that it could......

Sent from my iPad. With photo stream disabled!

Mate of mine has just sold one of those where the keyboard clips on and off. He said it was crap. Could only download from the Microsoft store or something like that. Couldn't get Flash, even though it is supported, because of that limitation.. Wasn't impressed at all. I like my iPad but I think the photo stream ca be dangerous. Lets say u leave ur iPad at home and you're out taking pics that maybe u shouldn't be with your phone. Everything u take pops up on the pad at home while ur missus is playing candy crush. Not saying its happened...... Just that it could......

Sent from my iPad. With photo stream disabled!

:grin:

Razza if that is your budget and you want to stick to it I would also recommend the Nexus 7. Cracking little tablet for the price and comes with stock android, so you wont get any of the crap that the likes of Samsung load onto their tablets.

However, Google are due to bring out an updated version of the Nexus 7 at any time so I would definitely hang fire for a bit if you can.

Razza if that is your budget and you want to stick to it I would also recommend the Nexus 7. Cracking little tablet for the price and comes with stock android, so you wont get any of the crap that the likes of Samsung load onto their tablets.

However, Google are due to bring out an updated version of the Nexus 7 at any time so I would definitely hang fire for a bit if you can.

Cheers, yes will be hanging on for abit longer so will take a look.

Don't get an i(ncontinence)pad!

Got one bought for me by work. Whilst I am far from the biggest apple fan, I still don't think there is a 10 inch tablet that can match the full size iPad as far as build quality/bang for buck/choice of apps go, even if iOS is somewhat limited compared to Android and Windows 8 in many ways.

The market for 7 inch tablets is a different ball game all together.

Cheers, yes will be hanging on for abit longer so will take a look.

The updated nexus 7 will be released at the end of July by all accounts with refreshed specs, although word on the grapevine is the base model is getting a price increase. So not sure how much you were wanting to spend Razza but if your budget is sub 200 may be worth going for the current model which starts at 159?

• 2 months later...