"British public wrong about nearly everything"

Crusoe

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/british-public-wrong-about-nearly-everything-survey-shows-8697821.html

I think some of the facts quoted could be quibbled with (e.g. ignoring the difference between actual figures and reported figures for crime), but broadly it's a depressingly predictable survey.

...With glaring holes in its methods. There is only a vague mention of it being a telephone survey of 1100 or so people. There is no mention of the social class, education level or location of these people (all things that would likely affect the results). Not to mention what newspaper they read (cough Daily Mail cough).

Indeed. I tried digging for more on the methodology, but this is as much as the RSS website says:

"Ipsos MORI interviewed a representative sample of 1,015 adults aged 16-75 across Great Britain. Interviews were conducted online 14th – 18h June 2013. Data are weighted to match the profile of the population."

Indeed. I tried digging for more on the methodology, but this is as much as the RSS website says:

"Ipsos MORI interviewed a representative sample of 1,015 adults aged 16-75 across Great Britain. Interviews were conducted online 14th 18h June 2013. Data are weighted to match the profile of the population."

Quite, I found this article in the New Statesman, presumably written by two people involved via the Ipsos Mori website. It doesn't say much more than the Independent article

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2013/07/muslims-benefits-and-teenage-pregnancies-perils-perception

Its also in the governements interest that we live in a divided bull:censored: society. They would be :censored:ed if the country saw that we minnions are all the same, so we joined together and rose up.

Monty Burns is trying to get us organised and united, he is clearly an instrument of the oppressive state machinery that will pollute our pure revolution. He and his ideas must be crushed.

Did this subject even need a research poll? I think the results could've been guessed - as depressing as that sounds.

Full of brain-dead Sun readers: nice to know "home" hasn't changed a bit.

Erm yes.... the point is, lack of actual knowledge leads to wrong assumptions or guesses.

As for the stats, it'll be pretty accurate. Pregnancy levels are known, crime levels are known (if slightly altered), immigration we have a fair idea about (coming in, not going out), benefits are about right (we used to say £10 of your monthly wage went to fraud when I worked there)...

As for the 1000 people doing the survey, that makes it +/-3%. So not bad, enough that it says people are wrong.Though the weighting lowers that, but still not terribly inaccurate.

Guest Scratch2000uk

As for the stats, it'll be pretty accurate. Pregnancy levels are known, crime levels are known (if slightly altered), immigration we have a fair idea about (coming in, not going out), benefits are about right (we used to say £10 of your monthly wage went to fraud when I worked there)...

As for the 1000 people doing the survey, that makes it +/-3%. So not bad, enough that it says people are wrong.Though the weighting lowers that, but still not terribly inaccurate.

The Office Of National Statistics has admitted up to half a million immigrants hadn't been accounted for, not to mention the hundreds of thousands of illegals.It's right though, bull:censored: baffles.

Half a million is nothing.

It's not great. The incoming (people) surveys make population projections a nightmare. We don't know where they are going to live, how long they are stopping for, etc. And when they are leaving is just unknown.

As for the Census, which I guess they are on about, BMEs don't respond in the same numbers as White people. That gets allocated for, (incorrectly in my view) at great money for London.