Picture Quiz - Identify the stadium/match.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it the AS Bari ground circa 1990?

Nar Cant be, AS Bari's ground is the Stadio San Nicola and looks like this. Like the thinking though as it hosted England v Italy 1990 WC Third place game.

sannicola1.jpg

Edited by davegtt

It's time to recap like on 'Through The Keyhole'.

We've established it's nothing to do with Latics. It's not in The Netherlands and it's not Ancona, Bari or Stadio Flaminio.

Let's look at the picture again.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1238/543929...8aa20ee.jpg?v=0

We have three flags fully visible - FIFA, :England: and :Italy: . The emblem on the other blue flag is not visible but I can tell you it is similar to FIFA. It's a modern stadium and the picture was taken before the fans arrived from the bars.

Now who would be playing in a stadium like this and what would be the occasion?

The first guess from davegtt was:

QUOTE(davegtt @ Jun 13 2007, 14:37 PM)

Really struggling here, guessing its an English v Italian team but cant work out where. :wonder:

Got to have a guess, its not for tomorrows U21 game is it at the Gelredome, Almost positive its not though.

To which I replied "It's not - think outside the box!"

So it's quite simple isn't it? :devilish:

So it's quite simple isn't it? :devilish:

Thanks for the round up there, Im still no nearer to getting it lol. Im rubbish with crypic clues, think outside the box Hmmm. Is the ground in Europe? Ive been on Stadiumguide.com and been through all the grounds in Germany, Italy, Belgium and Spain not coming close to seeing a ground that it might represent.

Thanks for the round up there, Im still no nearer to getting it lol. Im rubbish with crypic clues, think outside the box Hmmm. Is the ground in Europe? Ive been on Stadiumguide.com and been through all the grounds in Germany, Italy, Belgium and Spain not coming close to seeing a ground that it might represent.

Yes the ground is in Europe.

With the English and Italian flags, could it be one of the two European Cup final stadia which Liverpool played in. The Ataturk or Olympic stadiums?

I'm unsure what either of the outsides look like without scallies crawling over them.

Wouldn't they be under the UEFA banner rather than FIFA though?

It must be an International if it is FIFA. Is that right Ted or are you leading us up the garden path towards Wheely Bin again?

I reckon there is a twist in this, its defo not the Greek National Arena or whatever its called. The Ataturk looks nothing like it either

http://www.stadiumguide.com/ataturkolympia5.jpg

Really confused to be honest. Ive now been through all the grounds on Stadiumguide from Germany, Belgium, Italy, Spain, Portugal, France, Czech Rep and Greece and not come across a ground that looks anything like it.

Starting to wind me up this now lol

Only starting? :mad: I've not slept for 2 nights now and it is all Diego's fault. He'd better watch out or he may get a nasty surprise when I see him at Clyde. Hope you can swim Diego! :o:)

Anyway, latest guess. Is it a Women's International (Italy v England) at either Avellino; Florence; Cosenza or Viareggio?

Wouldn't they be under the UEFA banner rather than FIFA though?

It must be an International if it is FIFA. Is that right Ted or are you leading us up the garden path towards Wheely Bin again?

Who's Ted?

I said the emblem on the other blue flag isn't visible. It is an international.

Only starting? :mad: I've not slept for 2 nights now and it is all Diego's fault. He'd better watch out or he may get a nasty surprise when I see him at Clyde. Hope you can swim Diego! :o:)

Anyway, latest guess. Is it a Women's International (Italy v England) at either Avellino; Florence; Cosenza or Viareggio?

That would be the old Scottish custom of pushing someone off a bridge! To be serious for a brief moment, that happened to a young lad who was a Wrexham fan working up there - he is now in a permanent vegative state.

No it's not a women's international and it's not any of those grounds.

A little OTT Diego. I was only joking - you know me well enough by now.

No offence meant to you I_C - I knew you were joking but I forgot to add the wink before dashing out.

Saw it as a good opportunity to get a dig in at some of the Scots! All Scots football fans are portrayed as lovable lads and lassies who like a drink, unlike the horrible English who are all classed as drunken hooligans.