Jose Baxter - Sheffield United

Hope this isn't true but I've been told by my mate who's Dad is friends with Corney and the biard and apparently Baxter is on his way to Sheffield United for around 150k.

Now straight away I called bull:censored: saying that his buy - out clause is supposedly £250k however he was absolutely adamant.

Hope this doesn't come to fruition!

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope this isn't true but I've been told by my mate who's Dad is friends with Corney and the biard and apparently Baxter is on his way to Sheffield United for around 150k.

Now straight away I called bull:censored: saying that his buy - out clause is supposedly £250k however he was absolutely adamant.

Hope this doesn't come to fruition!

The very same was mentioned on the e-zine site over the weekend......no smoke without fire as they say!

if I was him, why on earth would you want to leave a team and squad with undoubted ability and the potential to achieve something to go to a club with a lesser squad ability-wise and at the same level? If you're going to do that you may as well stay where you are.

He can do better than league one for a start if and when he does eventually move on

If he did go to sheff utd then it's because of Weir and the money on offer, in which case I would seriously question his thinking and motive in wanting to play football and progress.

Highly doubt it

If Prozac said that Corney said the release fee is £250k then I'm much more inclined to believe that.

I'd not take Uncle Simon at his word either. He did, after all, originally tell the press there was no trigger clause.

So I'm suggesting what he says and what the truth is may not be aligned.

I'd not take Uncle Simon at his word either. He did, after all, originally tell the press there was no trigger clause.

So I'm suggesting what he says and what the truth is may not be aligned.

Did he actually tell them there was no clause?

All I remember is Mike Keegan saying there wasn't one, but never mentioning that Corney had said it...

Edited by Lee Sinnott

I know it's a long shot but wouldn't it be nice for Baxter or anyone in the same situation just to come out and say what's happening

If he were to leave and I really hope he doesn't, as long as he is bettering himself then yes I'd be gutted but could understand

It's the not knowing what's happening that frustrates me (and the countless rumours)

Am sorry but this is getting stupid! The transfer doesn't even make sense. Why would baxter leave a average league one club to join another average club which they are showing the last few years. Sideways if not slightly back move if you ask me! The only place baxter will go is up a league if he ever wants to progress!

if I was him, why on earth would you want to leave a team and squad with undoubted ability and the potential to achieve something to go to a club with a lesser squad ability-wise and at the same level? If you're going to do that you may as well stay where you are.

He can do better than league one for a start if and when he does eventually move on

If he did go to sheff utd then it's because of Weir and the money on offer, in which case I would seriously question his thinking and motive in wanting to play football and progress.

Highly doubt it

Doubt if Baxter is motivated by money. Right now he wants to enjoy his football. However if he thinks that he may not be a regular in our team, he may opt to move on to a club where he will be a regular at our level.

if he thinks that everywhere he goes he will never be put under pressure for his place and will always be playing no matter what then he won't last long in football and certainly not the higher up you go.

He's been out of the team for one week and undoubtedly he played whilst injured against pboro - he can't see the team win and play well and then do a Furman within 2 days and spit his dummy out sulking that he isn't first choice immediately.

He will need to earn his place in any team higher up the league, so it's time he did it here before then - not saying he has been playing poorly cos he has been ok, but on saturday's performance Wes and Korey deserve to start as does JCH, so that's the way it is for everyone, not just him.

Edited by shefflatic

He wont be leaving because of Saturday. The lad is on incremental contracts each year and in reality the club would unfortunately be better to sell. I hate to hear it and also hate to believe this to be true, however I doubt he will stay and it;s the the club (not necessarily LJ) who 'need' him to leave

He wont be leaving because of Saturday. The lad is on incremental contracts each year and in reality the club would unfortunately be better to sell. I hate to hear it and also hate to believe this to be true, however I doubt he will stay and it;s the the club (not necessarily LJ) who 'need' him to leave

Love how (clause aside) people are now seemingly in the know as to the minutia of his contract, probably down to how many sugars he stipulates to being in his daily cup of tea.!

The only people who will know the ins and outs are him, SC, his dad and agent.

Sure, he will want to move on and not play 2nd fiddle, however he has barely played a full season in football up to now and he is part of a young and skillful team, in line with how he plays unlike he team of dross last year where he really was a one man team.

I don't mind him leaving at some point - I'd love him to have a full season here, pay his dues and then go giving us the release fee in return and maybe even leading us to promotion in that season; if not then farewell to the champioship he goes.

I'd find it pretty astounding that of all the clubs he would 'move on' to, Sheffield Utd would be the one he would pick.

He has a contract which the club are obliged to honour, whatever the wages it stipulates (and I have no idea as to what this may be) - he can talk to a club should they meet the release fee (if this indeed does exist as rumoured by others) - it doesn not mean he has to leave.

Which is why the only reason he would leave us for Sheff U in my eyes is for money or the chance to work with Weir if he really rates him or thinks he may 'have it easy' for want of a better term, by being someone who knows the gaffer and can be assured of a pick every week regardless ala Dickov?

If this does transpire I would be gutted and also disappointed in Jose, i'd expect better from him than this sort of move given what he has said previously about his motives and ambitions - why take a sideways step when he could go one better in 4 months time most likely?

Just does not make sense to move there at all, even for the £ that may be on offer

I heard 2 seperate stories over the weekend. 1 that he was going to notlob n the other he was going to sheff wednesday.

Which ever way you look at it, his dad seems to think oldham is the place to be for the time being and i'm sure that will keep him here until atleast january or even beyond depending how the season pans out.