Jose Baxter - Sheffield United

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As nailed on as this looks I'm still not believing it until its official, what's to say the daily mail story is actually true?

Indeed.

Imagine if it doesn't happen? It will be like someone's come back to life!

Edited by JoeP

I agree Roytoner and why having simmered a little I retracted my comments on it being the end of the world somewhat - the team is more than one player and i have no doubt LJ will strengthen us and we will REALLY have a decent squad once all is finished.

My gripe is that he has jumped ship to a fellow league one club average on the field at best, unlike Wolves who still have a premiership structure.

Anyway, I guess perspective is needed, we will move on and time to support the lads as always on saturday. These things happen and whilst living on the doorstep of bramall lane will mean I will constantly be reminded of what they've just done to us for a while yet, i'll get over it as we did when Wellens left etc

Us going up and them being stuck here again will make it all the more sweeter

I'm sure the same was felt when JR sold Redfern after he had just scored 20 goals from midfield, and sold him because he wanted to play him as a winger!

Now THAT must have caused uproar, no? (to young to remember)

Suprised and irked but that's life, he has wanted to move so if he doesn't want to be here even til January, then we don't want him.

Wellens as a signing would be as good a replacemen mind!!

He goes with my blessing (not that it means much to him lol)

FWIW I think he could have done 'better' with a move to the championship, he's easily good enough. It was always going to be a case of enjoy him while we can with him.

We've managed to have a quality player for a while and earned a few quid during the process.

Jose baxter babyyyyy

Just looking at Matt Chambers tweets now, seems like an another forward will be coming in aswell with Baxter going?

Hopefully we don't sign anybody for the sake of it, I think we're covered up front. I'd like to see us sign somebody with a bit of creativity in midfield, as it stands we're very defencive in that area.

Sometimes when the 'best' player leaves a club, the clib are better off and go on to have successfull seasons. On a bigger scale like i expect tottenham will without bale. I hope this turns out to be the case. Although tecnically our best player, i much preferred jch in the number 10 role, i also don't feel he isn't a central midfielder and the money can be used to bring 2 or 3 good players in i am confident it won't have an adverse effect on results. Although his guile and speed of thought will be missed

Sheffield United is not a step sideways. More money, bigger crowds, better facilities.

We knew when he signed that we were unlikely to keep him for the full 2 1/2 years. I enjoyed it while it lasted and now we can plug a few holes in the squad.

At least we don't have to argue about whether he should start for us on Saturday.

Don't begrudge him a move at all, he's got more chance of playing Championship football next year with Sheffield United than Latics. Exactly the same as when Dale Stephens moved to Charlton when they were in League One, we got a bit of money, they went up and he's now an established Championship midfielder.

I'm looking forward to following his career. If he puts his mind to it, there's no reason he could work up the leagues like Lambert and Holt.

The Tottenham point is a good one, they were so reliant on Bale before, now they've used the money to build a more rounded squad. That said they've got 90m to spend.

The difficulty for us is finding the right players to improve the team, and that cost next to nothing.

The difficulty for us is finding the right players to improve the team, and that cost next to nothing.

If he's gone for £350k as reported and was earning say, £3k pw, then LJ potentially has another £7k pw in the budget to play with.

I'm gutted but I know we'll be fine.

Jose goes with my blessing, whether it's to Sheffield Utd or a Championship club. He's done wonders for us and, if he sees whoever he joins as a step forward in his career, then time will tell and I hope he hasn't made the wrong move.

Thanks, Jose, for just being a part of my beloved football club, even though not for as long as I had hoped.

PS - There'll be a few amendments in the Prediction League, methinks.