Jose Baxter - Sheffield United

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peterborough and Blackburn linked on Twitter aswell now.

I would guess / speculate (as someone else has earlier) that for whatever reason the interest has been made known to continue to smoke offers out before Monday with the intention that some of them will reach the release clause value.

LJ says that he'll be meeting with Corney and doing some 'soul searching' which probably means deciding on getting the best we can for Baxter and strengthening other areas where we might need a bit more (hence Lanzoni). I'm far from convinced that he'll end up at Sheff Utd for £150k though.

Whilst I would agree that Baxter is probably worth a lot more than we are going to get for him or is in his release clause, the point is that on that Saturday morning back in January before he signed a new contract he was worth bugger all. If he'd said 'ok I'll sign but my release clause is a pork pie and a packet of crisps' our choice was like it or lump it. If we have agreed what most think is a knock down fee as a release clause then that is the price we have paid for keeping him for the rest of last season which to be honest I am happy with and didn't expect to happen in January. By the way on that Saturday lunch time when most people thought we had seen the last of him I was told the agreed fee was £50K.

I'd not be surprised at us selling him for 150k. There'll be a 20% sell on clause no doubt, in the hope Sheffield United get out of this division and negotiate later on better than we ever do.

We'll be told we can't compete and it's in the best interests of the club.

I'd not be surprised at us selling him for 150k. There'll be a 20% sell on clause no doubt, in the hope Sheffield United get out of this division and negotiate later on better than we ever do.

We'll be told we can't compete and it's in the best interests of the club.

Baxter will get a slice of the signing on fee...to sign a deal with us when he did means it was attractive to do so. So say us selling at £300,000 and he takes 50% so that is the £150,000 to us.

I can't see the club entertaining even a penny under the already low buy out clause. And even if accepted jose may wish to stay, atleast until xmas. If sc has any sense he would be replying to all enquires by saying 'your offer falls below both our valuation and the amount we are obliged to let jose talk to other clubs. I will entertain this discussion when the offer meets the above'

Add ons aren't part of matching the release clause though.

No. So here's some made up figures.

Release clause £250k.

Bid: £100k now, £100k after 25 games and a further £100k at 50 games. Plus 20% sell on.

The bid doesn't trigger the release clause but could give the club better value.

If clubs - as opposed to just one club - are sniffing then Corney won't budge below the buy out clause.

I've often been a doubter but this season Corney's won me over a little with his appointment of LJ and signings thus far. Despite my doubts, he's not a mug and wouldn't cash in now when there's 2 years on Baxter's contract unless the clause is triggered. Baxter's value will only appreciate so why set a clause and then sell below?!

LJ wouldn't publicly state he's looking at signing up to 4 new faces unless there's money available to achieve this. Unsure if these 4 include Philiskirk and Matteo but I'd edge my bets that Corney is softening the blow of us losing the brightest talent we've had in the side for a long while by allowing LJ to replace him.

Maybe pure coincidence but interesting that we release the comments on OS regarding a player who's been messed about by Donny to the point that they leave and we make them so welcome that they sign for us and we're close to selling a spark in the middle of the park that will provide us funds to strengthen....

I've often been a doubter but this season Corney's won me over a little with his appointment of LJ and signings thus far. Despite my doubts, he's not a mug and wouldn't cash in now when there's 2 years on Baxter's contract unless the clause is triggered. Baxter's value will only appreciate so why set a clause and then sell below?!

Corney didn't set the clause, Baxter requested that a buy out clause was out in at that amount when he signed or he wouldn't of signed, according to Corney. Now in Corney's shoes, the club may need money, he can sell below Rhys buy - out clause if someone offers an amount of X which it looks like he has done.

Corney didn't set the clause, Baxter requested that a buy out clause was out in at that amount when he signed or he wouldn't of signed, according to Corney. Now in Corney's shoes, the club may need money, he can sell below Rhys buy - out clause if someone offers an amount of X which it looks like he has done.

Who says we need the money?

It'll probably be confirmed as "undisclosed" but I very much doubt Corney would sell below the clause. He's not accountable to us but I hope he clarifies this to the fans once Jose has gone.