Jose Baxter - Sheffield United

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gutted if he goes, but realistically, does he really fit in the current regime?

I think someone else had said it before is he now a luxury and should we cash him in?

Defensively, we are pretty unsettled at the mo, invest in the defence

I think someone else had said it before is he now a luxury and should we cash him in?

I hope Johnson can strengthen in other areas but he's not a luxury player. Could be wrong but I'd have thought he hit double figures in terms of goals and assists last year. That's the type of quality you need to get you out of a division.

Pretty gutted in truth, always thought he'd last the season.

Of course he fits in! LJ has practically stated he was building the team around him.

A few results don't go our way, he sits on the bench and we win one so many assume he doesn't fit anymore - ridiculous and shows how fickle Oldham fans can be

I suggest if he leaves we will find out how much he did fit over the course of a season because we WILL NOT being able to replace a talent like Jose

Our loss will very much be sheff utds gain

Edited by palmer1

Of course he fits in! LJ has practically stated he was building the team around him.

A few results don't go our way, he sits on the bench and we win one so many assume he doesn't fit anymore - ridiculous and shows how fickle Oldham fans can be

I suggest if he leaves we will find out how much he did fit over the course of a season because we WILL NOT being able to replace a talent like Jose

Our loss will very much be sheff utds gain

Totally agree.

Doesn't the buy out clause effectively return his big signing on fee?

I doubt we'll profit.

LJ's comment that they need to decide whether to accept the offer strongly suggests that the offer received falls short of any release clause figure.

Jose was like a breath of fresh air when he first came to the club, he gave us hope where at times it seemed like there was none, he pretty much kept us in this division so we should be thankful for what he has done for us. It will hurt watching him play against us on Boxing day if he goes to those yorkshire t***s. Jose thank you.

Really hope it's not true and that he stays with us. If not he will go with my thanks for what he did for us last season. Will also get a rapturous applause from me if he ever returns to BP

Just wish i had managed to get a match Worn shirt of his

People are getting carried away saying we won't miss him, he doesn't fit in etc.. However, if we had lost him in Jan I think we would be playing in League Two this season. Where as now I think we're less reliant on him and still have a good enough squad to stay up.

The deal is now 100% completed, gutted. And I've just seen some Sheffield United fans tweet the song, disgusting.

Thanks for the memories and paying us back as a club and signing when you didn't have to and now we have money to help us as a club.

Jose Baxter baby, Jose Baxter wooaahhhh!

Sheffield United is not a step sideways. More money, bigger crowds, better facilities.

We knew when he signed that we were unlikely to keep him for the full 2 1/2 years. I enjoyed it while it lasted and now we can plug a few holes in the squad.

At least we don't have to argue about whether he should start for us on Saturday.