• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decent fee and a sell on and they can have him. Sell him now before his flaws truly show over the season. If I'm wrong and he comes good, we're laughing when they sell him on to premier league stardom like some think he's going to achieve.

Sounds like we've already got a replacement lined up going off Mike Keegan's tweets yesterday.

I like Tarky and think he has the potential to have a good career at least at League 1. However he does still have enough shaky moments to warrant the doubt from other posters on how good he truly is and thus his worth.

Personally think it would be bit too much of a jump at the moment for him to go up a division till he irons out his mistakes here.

And you've formed this opinion from listening o Latics player commentary. Well done you.

Sorry been to every game ever have we?

From the 2 games Ive also seen this season, Tarky looked pretty solid, except he did get a few sticky moments against Derby against Connor Sammon (whos crap but was made to look unbelievable that night). I still have that feeling that he is still learning and will make a number of colossal errors if he comes up against a decent strike force ala COG last season. Grounds I dont feel that with, and neither Cliff Byrne who I feel are both pretty solid albeit not as glamorous as a ball playing CB that Tarky is being touted as. Id be suprised if he goes to Huddersfield this early on in his career and gets chucked straight in, I would imagine it will take him a couple of years to bed himself in properly and cut out the mistakes before he rises a level.

Not at all : I want him to do well for us, I love nothing more than a home grown player playing for us. I had countless arguements in the Lookers and RRE defending Eardley and Taylor when they were getting pelters.

But I don't see it with Tarkowski. He reminds me of Paul Jones we got from Leigh RMI a few years back. Hope I'm proved wrong in the long term, but can't see it...

If you'd seen him more regularly this season there's no way you'd be saying that.

i love cliff byrne just as much as any iron fan... but those were the days i would of wanted him as our main CB all season, those days unfortunately have gone - he has not got enough pace to cut it as a league one 1st team defender, the games too quick for defender like cliff nowadays i unless he was a bit younger! and as much as i like cliff, given the choice between him or tarky id choose tarky all day long

Yeah, I'm really sorry that I booked a holiday...

I'm not begrudging you that, I'm just saying that Tarkowski's improved markedly on last season and that your opinion might have changed if you'd seen him more often.

Unless of course you're too stubborn to admit that he's starting to prove you wrong...

I'm not begrudging you that, I'm just saying that Tarkowski's improved markedly on last season and that your opinion might have changed if you'd seen him more often.

Unless of course you're too stubborn to admit that he's starting to prove you wrong...

Not at all : some people on here will tell you I've accepted a few times before when I've been wrong...

Not at all : some people on here will tell you I've accepted a few times before when I've been wrong...

Fingers crossed by this time next year there'll be another of those occasions! Assuming he doesn't go to Hudds to turn into another Trotman.

Edited by OneSizeFitz

I hope you're not solely judging on the 5 games played so far this season and forgetting the other 45 he's played.

Because that would of course be silly.

I hope you're not solely judging on the 5 games played so far this season and forgetting the other 45 he's played.

I hope you're not discounting his improved performances in pre-season and the first 5 games of this season, in which he's clearly bigger, stronger and much-benefiting from a new coaching set-up, and has been streaks ahead of almost anyone else in our team, despite still only being 20 and playing in a position in which, arguably, experience is most important.

I hope you're not discounting his improved performances in pre-season and the first 5 games of this season, in which he's clearly bigger, stronger and much-benefiting from a new coaching set-up, and has been streaks ahead of almost anyone else in our team, despite still only being 20 and playing in a position in which, arguably, experience is most important.

Well pre season form isn't worth a bag of conkers so of course should be discounted.

And whisper it quietly but this defence in which your man is showing this much improved form is still to keep a clean sheet...

Well pre season form isn't worth a bag of conkers so of course should be discounted.

And whisper it quietly but this defence in which your man is showing this much improved form is still to keep a clean sheet...

I don't think you can't pin not having a clean sheet on Tarkowski, it's a team game.

Personally I think Tarkowski epitomises everything LJ is after, a will to win while playing stylish football.

When the experienced Lanzoni plays alongside him I'm sure he will improve even further.

Edited by BP1960

Whisper it even more quietly, but it only conceded 1 against a Derby team that just put 5 past Brentford, and 2 against a Peterborough team that just put 6 past Reading and has scored 23 this season already.