horribly miscast actors ?

peanuts

what films have been badly miscast in you views

starter from me

5'4" 13 stone midget Tom Cruise playing 6'8" 16 stone man mountain Jack Reacher in the recent Reacher film just doesent sit right to an avid reader of the books .

As well as the two excellent suggestions. Sean Connery as a Lithuanian Soviet Union Submarine Captain in the Hunt for Red October.

Russell Crowe as an Alsakan Hockey Captain, Robin Hood and quite a few other roles.

Kevin Costner as Robin Hood

Elijah Wood as the eventual leader of the West Ham hooligans.

Edited by rudemedic

Nicholas Cage in, well, anything.

I didn't have a big issue with Elijah Wood in Green Street. He was supposed to be a preppy young yank, who didn't look the part of a football hooligan. The film itself was a bit romantic about the issue of hoooliganism though and generally a bit crap.

Nicholas Cage in, well, anything.

I didn't have a big issue with Elijah Wood in Green Street. He was supposed to be a preppy young yank, who didn't look the part of a football hooligan. The film itself was a bit romantic about the issue of hoooliganism though and generally a bit crap.

but could you realy see any self respecting member of the millwall firm running from Frodoe Baggins

As well as the two excellent suggestions. Sean Connery as a Lithuanian Soviet Union Submarine Captain in the Hunt for Red October.

Not forgetting his memorable attempts at an Irish accent in "The Untouchables" and Spanish in "Highlander"!!!

Also, Mel Gibson in "Braveheart".

Kilmer as Batman

Clooney as Batman

Shia Labeouf in anything!

Orlando Bloom in anything!

Jake Lloyd in Episode One

Robert Carlyle's dreadful Eastern European in The World is Not Enough

And Coltrane's crap Russian in Goldeneye and the Above

Edited by oafcprozac

what films have been badly miscast in you views

starter from me

5'4" 13 stone midget Tom Cruise playing 6'8" 16 stone man mountain Jack Reacher in the recent Reacher film just doesent sit right to an avid reader of the books .

It's sad but you would be amazed at how big of a rant I go on when anybody brings this up in conversation! Although to be fair it wasn't a bad film.....

I disagree about Keanu Reeves as Neo. I am not a Keanu fan at all, but his monotone nature actually suited the tone of the movie. The interaction with agent smith was believable in my opinion.

My nominations:

Kiera Knightley in anything where she is supposed to be even mildly attractive. She looks like a 15 year old boy.

Tom Cruise in the last samurai

Vince Vaughan as Norman Bates in the pointless remake of psycho.

Edited by pukka