Bands that you thought would become massive, but didn't

opinions4u

My mate (who was in the Music Industry) used to really like this small band called Coldplay who she saw play in a few pubs and was devastated when they got a little bigger. She did get me tickets to see the Foo Fighters in Worlds End in Camden though, where are they now???

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Same place as coldplay arent they? Wherever bands go to churn out repetetive :censored:e for the masses.

I quite like the 'Pair of Tights' song by Coldplay, not repetitive at all ;)

I don't listen to either of them at home but they are good live (though it's questionable how 'live' such bands are nowadays).

Have absolutely no clue about music but at uni my mates loved a band called Milburn from Sheffield. I quite like their music myself and am surprised they didnt break out as they had some catchy tunes. At 53 degrees in Preston (our uni) my mates saw them with the Arctic Monkeys as a support act!

Apparently jacked in a few years back as they didnt feel they was recognised by the music industry. If you get chance check em out on youtube.

Have absolutely no clue about music but at uni my mates loved a band called Milburn from Sheffield. I quite like their music myself and am surprised they didnt break out as they had some catchy tunes. At 53 degrees in Preston (our uni) my mates saw them with the Arctic Monkeys as a support act!

Apparently jacked in a few years back as they didnt feel they was recognised by the music industry. If you get chance check em out on youtube.

Quality band I've been listening to for quite a few years. Shame that they split up.

World Party. Outstanding songwriter and had an amazing eye for a melody. Wrote "She's The One" that Robbie Williams found success with.

?

Thought he'd be huge back in the early 90's. I bet he lives as a hermit now off "She's The One" royalties or something.

Wallinger? Put the message in the box put the box into the car drive the car around the world. ..

World Party. Outstanding songwriter and had an amazing eye for a melody. Wrote "She's The One" that Robbie Williams found success with.

?

Thought he'd be huge back in the early 90's. I bet he lives as a hermit now off "She's The One" royalties or something.

Wallinger? Put the message in the box put the box into the car drive the car around the world. ..

• 3 weeks later...