League One Cann Table November 04th 2013

Had no idea what this was but found this and I think I'm a bit more aware

http://www.abeautifulnumbersgame.com/2012/04/alternative-epl-data-visualizations.html

Certainly throws into sharper focus the bunching at the bottom - well other than the top five clubs actually.

But - 7 o'clock in the morning seems unreasonable to throw numbers at an unsuspecting board !

But - 7 o'clock in the morning seems unreasonable to throw numbers at an unsuspecting board !

It was a bit early, but I could hardly contain myself. I heard something about a Cann Table on a podcast last night and decided to quickly cobble something together this morning. I love numbers *geek*

On a bit of a tangent, can anybody recommend a good football maths book? After reading the blurb of a book in Waterstones called Soccernomics I've been interested in reading one but I've seen loads to choose from and I'm not sure which is best

Soccernomics is great. The Numbers Game isn't bad either, but not as good.

Cheers Zorro.

Some weird stuff going on.

I tried to insert an image and it just hung, with the dialog box not able to be closed OK'd or Cancelled

Twice.

unfortunately I cannot post the screen shot.

but it just goes to the blanks reply as if I was just replying.

This post is actually a quoted one, but nothing appears in

Post a screeny.

Its IE.

I have IE11 in Win8.1 (no touchscreen, just mouse and keyboard - I know) but can clearly quote in Chrome.

Clearly not an OWTB issue, so cheers for offering to help but any ideas?

Am getting a few unexpected error messages. Which I will make a note of going forward.

Edited by singe

I'll let Rummy explain then.

It gives one line of text to each point total, and then lists the clubs next to their corresponding point totals. If a point total has no corresponding clubs assigned to it, the column where a club would go is left blank. Consecutive blank rows communicates the size of the gaps between two teams in a very effective and straightforward manner. To aid in identifying tie breakers or differences in the total number of games played, each club's goal differential and any games in hand are displayed next to their names.

Think points spread and look again.

Ah. I see.

It gives one line of text to each point total, and then lists the clubs next to their corresponding point totals. If a point total has no corresponding clubs assigned to it, the column where a club would go is left blank. Consecutive blank rows communicates the size of the gaps between two teams in a very effective and straightforward manner. To aid in identifying tie breakers or differences in the total number of games played, each club's goal differential and any games in hand are displayed next to their names.

Ah. I see.

Cheers.

(No doubt Bristol is off thinking of how a Cann table might prevent me from victory in the only league that matters.)

Why you didn't say that in the first place I just dont know :dedhrse: