Another new signing imminent!

Guest sheridans_world
"We have been speaking to two such people over the last two weeks"

Messrs ............HOOF Branston and HOOF Swailes :grin:

I didnt think Swailes could play football again, end of career jobby?

Edit: Quote from Tranmere fan(about John Thompson):

He looked OK for us on the few occasions he was actually fit enough to play. Sheridan must have offered him more than the 50p and a book of Aldi vouchers which is about all we seem to be able to afford in wages at the moment

Somehow i dont think Uncle Ronnie can afford to sign BOTH Swailes and Branston!

Edited by sheridans_world

Guest oa_exile

Was he not playing for Falkirk , Hamilton...........or someone like that after we released him ?

Actually it was a joke about HOOF players :blink:

Edit: Quote from Tranmere fan(about John Thompson):

Somehow i dont think Uncle Ronnie can afford to sign BOTH Swailes and Branston!

Yeah, especially after they signed Adnan Ahmed - by all accounts the worst player in huddersfield squad...

Well done Ronnie...

You know.. haining isnt a bad shout.... could see him at the trannies... esp as he doesnt want to move too far away....

Haining and Branston though... still scares me...

Guest sheridans_world
Yeah, especially after they signed Adnan Ahmed - by all accounts the worst player in huddersfield squad...

Well done Ronnie...

You know.. haining isnt a bad shout.... could see him at the trannies... esp as he doesnt want to move too far away....

Haining and Branston though... still scares me...

Nightmares eh?

I have to say i really did "dislike" messrs RM and Branston ( I actually thought he was one of the worst footballers to play for us) and i know we've been through the list of 'bad uns' but that's how much i didn't rate him.

But if the trannies turned up to bp next year with Branston in the side, the paddock will certainly be full of HOOF HOOF HOOF shouts!!! and probably the Whit Hart after!!

• 1 year later...
Did you have to dig up a thread started by me :angry:

Heh sorry. Anyway, it's the lack-of-hindsight comments like "Agreed.... very commited centre half... and dare I say it, a much better player than Will..." which seem the most amusing.

Note to self: Never go all OTT at a player signing until you've seen him play at least 10 games. :grin:

Heh sorry. Anyway, it's the lack-of-hindsight comments like "Agreed.... very commited centre half... and dare I say it, a much better player than Will..." which seem the most amusing.

Note to self: Never go all OTT at a player signing until you've seen him play at least 10 games. :grin:

Cock all to do my delusional friend? (comparing Taylor to King Rog - pffftttt)

KtF,

Derek.

I probably said at the time that I thought John Thompson was a very good signing.

And what's more, I stand by that.

Poor early form, injuries and opportunity (or lack of) conspired against him. Sometimes a transfer just doesn't work out - this was one of those times.

That doesn't mean anyone at the time was wrong, and it doesn't make people raking up this kind of thread remotely clever.

So there. :grin: