Ashes down under predictions and thread 2013/14...

I accept and know he's always been a decent bowler and taken wickets against us in the past -especially in the shorter formats. His lack of consistency in the test arena means we should have put him off his stride and manned up to him, instead we've been like rabbits caught in the headlights of Holding, Walsh or Ambrose. A couple of miles an hour and bit more bounce from his previous outings have us on the run. I'm still not convinced he's any more threatening then Lee was in his pomp and certainly not as controlling as McGrath was.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McGrath was the most consiatant bowler Ive ever seen.

Lee too had spells of inconsistancy. I personally think Johnson bowling like this would have caused most sides problems. I have no doubt he will revert to being crap at sone point. He'd not have done it in England. Everything has fallen into place for him, but I think he has bowled very well.

if we can bat the first hour and get to 320ish without losing a wicket then we have a very very very very very faint chance, realistically though we need to be around the 380 mark before the new ball comes in.

Is Broad going to bat? Don't think we've got a hope. Would be one of the great comebacks if they were to pull it off.

Is Broad going to bat? Don't think we've got a hope. Would be one of the great comebacks if they were to pull it off.

He will bat 'if needed'. If we're 9 down before mid-afternoon I wonder if they'd bother.

They showed him coming out of the nets with Mushy before and he was hobbling about.

Is this ridiculous rule change still in force?

Edited by jsslatic

As far as I know, yes.

If he goes out, he's just going to have to try and stay there and hit the odd boundary. If he tries to take runs, he won't last long.

if he's struggling to move then it could end up nasty if Johnson's pinging them into his ribs at 90 mph

a lot of the 'senior' players have to take a long hard look at there selves after this, the Aussies are an average bunch at best and we have made them look like world beaters. Thank :censored: we wernt playing someone like South Africa as they all would have of been over in 3 days

Fourth test line up for me: Cook, Carberry, Root, Bell, Ballance, Stokes, Prior, Bresnan, Tremlett, Finn, Panesar.

I've not been particularly impressed from what I've seen of Ballance for Yorkshire but may as well give him a go whilst he's out there.