Increase in use of flares at football grounds

Surprised to see Latics involved on 3 occasions, I can't recollect seeing any at BP.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25183301

This is one from FC United's match at Droylsden last week...mindless, it's got to be stamped out.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/degsys-pics/11132032754/in/set-72157638206829833

Great. Very pleased Latics are named. I recall two: one at home versus Liverpool and away against Preston this season.

Used to great effect in almost all countries, brings vibrancy and life to the stands, long may it continue to thrive in English football.

The best way to control the use of pyrotechnics is to create singing sections, where fans who want to use flares are separated from the ones who don't.

Surprised to see Latics involved on 3 occasions, I can't recollect seeing any at BP.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25183301

This is one from FC United's match at Droylsden last week...mindless, it's got to be stamped out.

Preston away (our fans) in the JPT. Vale at home (their fans). Don't know the other one.

Great. Very pleased Latics are named. I recall two: one at home versus Liverpool and away against Preston this season.

Used to great effect in almost all countries, brings vibrancy and life to the stands, long may it continue to thrive in English football.

The best way to control the use of pyrotechnics is to create singing sections, where fans who want to use flares are separated from the ones who don't.

I'm sorry. Playing with what are effectively fireworks in a crowd is brainless.

I'm on that picture.

The refs report from that game stated there was a delay due to the smoke - FC young 'uns clearly were letting smoke and flares off but so were the small Droylsden yoof in the corner. As it was on the report, it is on the FA agenda and we've been warned before although in the past FC had to been seen to be dealing with it - the boards view is as it always was, they're banned as they are illegal, and due to the £5k fine for each infringement it's something FC can well do without. I suppose if it wasn't illegal and was welcomed and encouraged, then no one would use them. Teenage logic.

However the board are not the moral custodians of the clubs fan culture and the fans are now policing it in the stands. We've started looking for pyro-free alternatives to take into matches, and last Saturday vs Spartans was like a "training day" for ideas - as you can guess spontaneity usually offers the best results.

EDIT: Droylsden; 50+ players this season, sad state of affairs.

When you see a crowd abroad where half of them have brought flares and they all let them off at once it looks amazing (although terrifying for kids). When you see a crowd in England when one or two people have let off flares or smoke bombs it looks pathetic. A bit of smoke is not a spectacle.

The increased use of pyro seems to have been embraced by the AMF fraternity. Ironic really as the use of pyro in England is very much a symptom of modern football. I don't remember seeing much of it in the 80s.

The increased use of pyro seems to have been embraced by the AMF fraternity.

I don't think it has. It is a by-product of the youth looking to Europe for something else, they have to go through it, and they'll grow out of it.

Its another way for yobs to express themselves, they are mindless and don't care about anyone else.

Your obsessiveness in wishing to seek out and brand all fans with the same name, then rush punitive sanctions on fellow supporters is wrong. Let's just take a step back here and exercise some sober context, there are fans and then there are the minority who wish to inflict harm on other fans - these people will find any way possible to bring misery and anguish to the rest of the footballing supporting family. There are a great deal of fans in the UK that use pyro to enhance the match day atmosphere (whether you think it does or doesn't is another matter, and frankly one I'm not really interested in), these fans are not out to intentionally injure or harm - but it is only a matter of time before someone else gets seriously hurt and we - that means all of us as fans - are back to square one with the government and the police. They are illegal and it needs to be stopped, but it won't get stopped if we don't work with the situation and help educate the fans involved. FACEPYROFACTS.CO.UK ran a survey on match going fans - it highlights that even though over 80% knew that football pyro is illegal, they actually thought they were not as dangerous as fireworks.

FC fans are educating the kids on the terraces by actively engaging in discussions around the grounds, and inviting them to look at alternatives. The Droylsden kids the other night were just joining in the fun, they probably didn't know the impact of their actions - I can assure you that neither set of fans were yobs.

Your obsessiveness in wishing to seek out and brand all fans with the same name, then rush punitive sanctions on fellow supporters is wrong. Let's just take a step back here and exercise some sober context, there are fans and then there are the minority who wish to inflict harm on other fans - these people will find any way possible to bring misery and anguish to the rest of the footballing supporting family. There are a great deal of fans in the UK that use pyro to enhance the match day atmosphere (whether you think it does or doesn't is another matter, and frankly one I'm not really interested in), these fans are not out to intentionally injure or harm - but it is only a matter of time before someone else gets seriously hurt and we - that means all of us as fans - are back to square one with the government and the police. They are illegal and it needs to be stopped, but it won't get stopped if we don't work with the situation and help educate the fans involved. FACEPYROFACTS.CO.UK ran a survey on match going fans - it highlights that even though over 80% knew that football pyro is illegal, they actually thought they were not as dangerous as fireworks.

FC fans are educating the kids on the terraces by actively engaging in discussions around the grounds, and inviting them to look at alternatives. The Droylsden kids the other night were just joining in the fun, they probably didn't know the impact of their actions - I can assure you that neither set of fans were yobs.

No matter what you say I brand all fans who use them mindless idiots who know full well they are breaking the law and can injure innocent bystanders.

'Latics are backing Premierships supporter educating/smear campaign.' I'm quite for pyros in the right situation, they can add atmosphere and be quite daunting, its the tits who throw them on the pitch and burn em and drop em so that they dont get caught who are the problem. This campaign though is completely against, and there is no balanced argument whatsoever from authorities. Football is becoming a media controlled game, of which I am sure the nazis are behind.

"Fears someone will die due to rising use of flares in stadiums"

:lol::lol::lol:

We've had three or four smoke bombs, no flares as of yet.

But, I can see why some people might want them allowed in football, they will never ever be legalised. I can't see any politician backing it. Standing on the other hand, hopefully within 5 years.

Edited by SholverBlue