Increase in use of flares at football grounds

Eh? They look brilliant but it's the idiots setting them off?

What I mean is when they are sensibly used they really add to the atmosphere, but when idiots use them they put other people at risk (the Port Vale fan at BP threw one and it burnt a fellow Vale fan).

It's amazing how European fans are able to put on a pyroshow - even our beloved Frankfurt friends - yet in the UK they can barely hold a single flare without knocking someone's head off.

Funny to look at ultras-tifo every week and see European teams making stadiums glow...

(Legia Warsaw a few weeks back)

1422430_678144708902777_1187317811_n.jpg

• 1 month later...

Apparently there was one on tuesday?! I'm not a fan of this ultra stuff but all this "people in the Chaddy were so very shaken" bollocks goes through me, perhaps you're probably better suited at home with a blanket and a half of shandy watching Blue Peter.

Edited by SholverBlue

Apparently there was one on tuesday?! I'm not a fan of this ultra stuff but all this "people in the Chaddy were so very shaken" bollocks goes through me, perhaps you're probably better suited at home with a blanket and a half of shandy watching Blue Peter.

The oddest thing was that whoever had one waited all evening until we were 0-3 down in stoppage time before setting it off.

• 1 month later...

Q. Are fans in other countries allowed to bring them in or do they have to be smuggled?

Q. What about the 'smoke' produced, can that be damaging in anyway if you breathe it in?

Smuggled - at least in Europe.

Probably. It smells and tastes weird as :censored: though.