eintract frankfurt

Tbh...I think today's match drove a lot to drink...in fact thinking about it myself but as I Cycled down to BP, I didn't fancy being arrested for drunk in charge of a bike cycling back up Broadway.

Looked to be well organised, had a marquee set up at the back of the RRE with Dr Kershaws on them. So well done to them for coming over and those oldhamers for sorting it too....

Wonder what we could take over to them....our starting 11 and leaving them there

I'm fairly certain I've told you this before- there is no drink cycling limit- the drink drive limit only applies to drivers. If you are fit to cycle then that's enough to escape charges. Presumably the cops would instigate a sobriety test like the cops in the US (used to) do to test the drunkenness.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was there any left at the end of the game? I did see a post on Twitter indicating that it had sold out by HT, but the source may not be at reliable.

it didn't sell out before ht but I didn't see any left when I left the ground when the 4th goal went in,big shout out to them for the fund raising and creating a good vibe for once at the back of the RRE, just a shame the players couldn't have the same enthusiasm on the pitch

I'm fairly certain I've told you this before- there is no drink cycling limit- the drink drive limit only applies to drivers. If you are fit to cycle then that's enough to escape charges. Presumably the cops would instigate a sobriety test like the cops in the US (used to) do to test the drunkenness.

Thanks for the info, I don't even drive a car, never got around to it. Ha

About 30 years ago a guy who owned a Delli in Royton was on the front of the Chron for being drunk in charge of a Grocers bike on Broadway,he put it down to the newly imported Becks bier her had tried out on its arrival. £60.00 fine, not a bad rate for front page advertising though!

About 30 years ago a guy who owned a Delli in Royton was on the front of the Chron for being drunk in charge of a Grocers bike on Broadway,he put it down to the newly imported Becks bier her had tried out on its arrival. £60.00 fine, not a bad rate for front page advertising though!

Very Brian Potter-esque...

It was 600 cans each of slightly less than a pint. The sale of the apfelwein and commemorative t-shirts, and collection box donations raised almost £1,500 for Dr. Kershaw's Hospice.

Well done to all those who worked hard to make it such a big success. Also well done Latics, the North Stand Contractor, Police and Club Officials for allowing the Eintracht Frankfurt fans into the North Stand seats after the game, under a special dispensation, for a photo-shoot in recognition of the charity event.

Pictures:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/diego_sideburns/albums/72157659692195312

It was 600 cans each of slightly less than a pint. The sale of the apfelwein and commemorative t-shirts, and collection box donations raised almost £1,500 for Dr. Kershaw's Hospice.

Well done to all those who worked hard to make it such a big success. Also well done Latics, the North Stand Contractor, Police and Club Officials for allowing the Eintracht Frankfurt fans into the North Stand seats after the game, under a special dispensation, for a photo-shoot in recognition of the charity event.

Pictures:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/diego_sideburns/albums/72157659692195312

??????

Mega that.

This is the Latics Supporters' team which played the Eintracht Frankfurt Supporters' team in the Final of the International Football Supporters' Competition in Paris all those years ago. The Germans won on penalties.....sound familiar?

22081937272_16ba8606d5_b.jpg

Left to right:

Back row: Brian Talbot, Malcolm Siddal, Dave Shaw, Steve White

Middle row: Brian ?, Les Eccles, Dennis McElhatton, Bob Isaacs, John McElhatton

Front row: Paul Whitehead, Carl Lonsdale, Pete McElhatton, Mike Holt, Gus Green .

Picture and the one below courtesy of Pete McElhatton

21471605464_72f7a07c67_b.jpg

All the competing teams camped by the River Seine. Pete McElhatton is holding his 'Player of the tournament' trophy.

This is the Latics Supporters' team which played the Eintracht Frankfurt Supporters' team in the Final of the International Football Supporters' Competition in Paris all those years ago. The Germans won on penalties.....sound familiar?

22081937272_16ba8606d5_b.jpg

Picture and the one below courtesy of 'Big Pete' in the middle of the front row

21471605464_72f7a07c67_b.jpg

All the competing teams camped by the River Seine. 'Big Pete' is holding his 'Player of the tournament' trophy.

Not quite familiar, we don't normally make it tot he final...!!!

Seriosuly though, fantastic that the relationship lasted os long.

I can seee the club helped a lot, eg tour of the new stand etc, it would be wonderful to cement this special relationship on a more official footing as well. THough I guess part of the reason it is special is that it is unofficial.

I can seee the club helped a lot, eg tour of the new stand etc, it would be wonderful to cement this special relationship on a more official footing as well. THough I guess part of the reason it is special is that it is unofficial.

On a point of accuracy, they were not given a tour of the new stand, only being allowed to go into the seats for the pictures. The Oldham Adlers were not allowed in to avoid anyone thinking they were being given priority treatment over other Latics fans..............as though anyone would think that. :wink:

It was made clear that it was under a special dispensation, organised by the Contractor, Police and OAFC officials in recognition of the charity event.

On a point of accuracy, they were not given a tour of the new stand, only being allowed to go into the seats for the pictures. The Oldham Adlers were not allowed in to avoid anyone thinking they were being given priority treatment over other Latics fans..............as though anyone would think that. :wink:

It was made clear that it was under a special dispensation, organised by the Contractor, Police and OAFC officials in recognition of the charity event.

Oh!

Thought it was too good be true. Making them feel welcome and suchlike!

top left to bottom right: Brian Talbot, Malcolm Siddal, Dave Shaw, Steve White, Brian ?, Les Eccles, Dennis Mcelhatton, Bob Isaacs, John Mcelhatton, Paul Whitehead, Carl Lonsdale, Pete Mcelhatton, Mike Holt, Gus Green .

Archived