Tarkowski

OK, so Tarky had a rough ride on Saturday at the hands of Ibehre - these things happen. Nobody, not even your prime Vidic’ (who regularly got skinned by Torres) comes out on top of individual battles every single game. We could play Colchester again tomorrow and could well see Tarky control Ibehre, just like he controlled Kevin Davies at Deepdale in the League earlier in the season. IMO, that game was where we saw the REAL Tarky. Davies is well known as being an absolute nightmare of a striker to be up against, and to me Tarky made it look fairly easy.

Another thing to consider is that how many other CB’s do you see in our league this year that can bring the ball out of defence and turn defence into attack in less than 5-10 seconds? I’ll answer that for you – none. Defenders in our leagues these days tend to be ball winners and hoofers or just your average cloggers. That’s not to say all defenders in our league are :censored: – far from it – but IMO Tarky has something a lot (if not most) defenders don’t have. Being able to do this is something Premier League teams see as essential nowadays, certainly the top tier ones. If you’re not comfortable with the ball at your feet, you aint getting signed.

You can also add to the above that he has the ability to ping 40-50yrd cross field balls right to our wingers – another attribute greatly sourced by top clubs.

Whilst everyone can sit there and question one’s true value, the fact remains that English players in particular are, in the main, overpriced. When you see the likes of Delph & Rhodes go for £8m, Max Clayton for £1m, Harry Maguire touted as £4m, etc, then how on Earth can people here say Tarky isn’t worth, in comparison, at least a measly £2m.

Whilst £1m would mightily boost our coffers, I’d honestly be a little disappointed at only receiving that. We’ve got a bloody good player on our hands here, and a home grown one at that, so I see no reason why £2m plus a player in exchange is an extraordinary valuation, especially in today’s game.

Alongside another top class natural central defender, I think you’d see Tarky impress even more. His current situation sees him partnering anyone from Grounds (a former Premiership defender), Kusunga (a defender with CL experience) and Lanzoni, yet he’s the one who’s marshalling our backline at every opportunity, being the leader, and generally standing out above the rest (that’s not to put slight on Grounds, Kusunga & Lanzoni who have all impressed in their own ways) but at 21, and with more experienced players besides you being regularly chopped and changed, it’s hardly the ideal situation for a young, ambitious defender, is it?

Tarky is definitely worth £2m in today’s game. I’d also like to see a sell on clause too.

I watched Tarky closely on Saturday, he took an heavy knock on the nose and looked groggy thereafter, however he soldiered on regardless.

It's this never say die attitude added to his undoubted skills which endear him to Latics fans, and why clubs are queueing up to sign him.

Edited by BP1960

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you imagine what Tarky would be like with Rooney, Aguero, Loic Remy or Walcott running at him? Before someone says "most players can't deal with that" - he is being touted as playing for the team at the top of the Premier League table (as it stands), so these comparisons are justified.

Perfect chance for him to show how he would deal with it against Suarez next month!

Starting point should be £1m, with various clauses taking the value up based on how well he does, and a sell on clause. If he is to leave in January and to a prem club like Liverpool, hopefully the club will insist on a loan back until end of the season.

I watched Tarky closely on Saturday, he took an heavy knock on the nose and looked groggy thereafter, however he soldiered on regardless.

It's this never say die attitude added to his undoubted skills which endear him to Latics fans, and why clubs are queueing up to sign him.

Other half thought he looked off the pace early in the first half, that explains it

I am amazed no-one has come near the fee we will get for Tarky. We all know it will be Undisclosed!

(not a criticism of LAtics, it probably should be, and everyone else is doing it now anyway)

PS should we start tweeting the Daily Star article to the Real Madrid site......?

I am amazed no-one has come near the fee we will get for Tarky. We all know it will be Undisclosed!

(not a criticism of LAtics, it probably should be, and everyone else is doing it now anyway)

PS should we start tweeting the Daily Star article to the Real Madrid site......?

You could stick a rumour on here; :wink:

http://realmadridistas.net/

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it was a farewell wave.

He also shook hands with every team mate.

Despite the og I thought he was magnificent today. He's got it to play in the premiership.

And I blame Grounds for the own goal after giving it away on the edge of the box... That aside I thought to a man we were magnificent today and although he was only on 20 minutes - Suarez didn't score against us... Not many teams can say that this season.

I also thought the wave was a farewell but we will see