Tarkowski

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today confirmed he should be moving to the Premier League. I've said it before : I've never seen someone go from being so poor to so good...

It's always been clear that Tarky is more talented than the vast majority of kids who have come through the ranks. Early on he made too many mistakes that you'd expect of a young lad operating in a fairly thankless position but he's shown he's the real deal.

Very much doubt it.

He didn't exactly slag him off - just said he was unlucky for both goals.

Don't worry. The commentator who was definitely at the game said he had a good'un.

It was pretty crap analysis though, saying he'd basically made 2 decisions and got them both wrong, the first he could never have got to and the second was drilled at him. Was just half-arsed nonsense based on slow-mo replays.

Agreed. I clapped him as he was subbed and got a load of :censored: from a guy behind. He's a world class player and the captain of our national team. Why shouldn't I show my appreciation?

However, according to Neanderthal Man behind he's just a dirty scouse bastard and I should support my own team ha ha. Brilliant.

I'm all for clapping the England captain when the teams are read out or when he's subbed, but I found it really odd that he was getting clapped every time he took a corner in our corner. He left the corners to Sterling for a while and I said to my mate it must have unsettled him, every week he gets big angry Premier League fans telling him his wife's a slag and they're going to cut his family open then Latics turn up and he's getting applauded and kisses blown at him like a big bunch of grinning serial killers.

I'm all for clapping the England captain when the teams are read out or when he's subbed, but I found it really odd that he was getting clapped every time he took a corner in our corner. He left the corners to Sterling for a while and I said to my mate it must have unsettled him, every week he gets big angry Premier League fans telling him his wife's a slag and they're going to cut his family open then Latics turn up and he's getting applauded and kisses blown at him like a big bunch of grinning serial killers.

Ha ha. I must say, I didn't go as far as clapping him at corners. That is a tad over the top.

It was pretty crap analysis though, saying he'd basically made 2 decisions and got them both wrong, the first he could never have got to and the second was drilled at him. Was just half-arsed nonsense based on slow-mo replays.

I think it was pretty astute of Strachan to pick up on it and when you watched both incidents in slow motion, you could see what he was saying. It was instinctive but Sterling's shot was going wide, Tarky should've got out the way.

The own goal will not affect his value, there'd have been enough people from the football world who saw him yesterday and it's clear the lad's a class act. He deserves his move and we deserve a decent fee.

Edited by longtimeblue

I think it was pretty astute of Strachan to pick up on it and when you watched both incidents in slow motion, you could see what he was saying. It was instinctive but Sturridge's shot was going wide, Tarky should've got out the way.

The own goal will not affect his value, there'd have been enough people from the football world who saw him yesterday and it's clear the lad's a class act. He deserves his move and we deserve a decent fee.

Should I tell him?

It doesn't matter what a 'two bit summariser' thinks. Tarky will be judged by seasoned managers who will have watched and had him watched several times. We fans who where at Anfield saw young James run through a Premier League mid-field like he does a L1 midfield. A midfield that included Steven Gerard. How dangerous would he be with top players around him?

I don't have my hands on the Latics purse strings but, baring injury, he is going to be worth more in the summer than he is now. IMO. Unless there is any truth in the unlikely 2m, that is. Over to Simon.

It doesn't matter what a 'two bit summariser' thinks. Tarky will be judged by seasoned managers who will have watched and had him watched several times. We fans who where at Anfield saw young James run through a Premier League mid-field like he does a L1 midfield. A midfield that included Steven Gerard. How dangerous would he be with top players around him?

I don't have my hands on the Latics purse strings but, baring injury, he is going to be worth more in the summer than he is now. IMO. Unless there is any truth in the unlikely 2m, that is. Over to Simon.

In the summer he will have 6 months less on his contract, value will be going down not up.

Ha ha. I must say, I didn't go as far as clapping him at corners. That is a tad over the top.

So is booing him, as some people were doing. Moronic, considering most of them will be supporting him in the summer..