Tarkowski

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From one of the Liverpool forums

The big lad at the back for Oldham (no. 6) was fantastic all day on and off the ball he comes out with the most credit of the day for me. That is apart from the Oldham fans. They were brilliant barring a few nutters and deserved their applause from me on the way out.

Aye, certainly down in the corner I was in. Block 128 I think.

I was in that block and heard it. Bizarre. A few getting their phones out for pics of him taking a corner too.

In fact there were more people standing in that block when gerrard was taking a corner than there were when we had one.

Tarkowski's contract expires June 2015, leaving 18 months remaining and 12 months from this June. If he maintains his progress he will be worth more come May.

I can't recall a young defender making such rapid progress in his game as Tarkowski has done.

Apologies deyres 42 for my quote button not working.

My logic is based on the fact that he has been improving rapidly and will continue to do so, IMO. It is fair to say more than 1 club will be interested in him now and if he continues his development it will be more than 3 clubs in 4months time. I fail to see a better more sought after player being worth less with over 12months left on his contract than now.

His development may well regress and therefore he will create less interest and he will be worth less but that is not my opinion.

I have no way of accurately valuing him, now, in 6months, 12months or 18months and neither have you.

That's my logic anyway, purely from a business point of view. What's yours?

I would understand so very slightly had he done anything for England, barring a brilliant performance 13 years ago against Germany and a goal against the U.S.A at the world cup.

Now, Frank Lampard on the other hand. I'd have been bowing had it been him on the field.

He was brilliant at Euro 2012.

Apologies deyres 42 for my quote button not working.

My logic is based on the fact that he has been improving rapidly and will continue to do so, IMO. It is fair to say more than 1 club will be interested in him now and if he continues his development it will be more than 3 clubs in 4months time. I fail to see a better more sought after player being worth less with over 12months left on his contract than now.

His development may well regress and therefore he will create less interest and he will be worth less but that is not my opinion.

I have no way of accurately valuing him, now, in 6months, 12months or 18months and neither have you.

That's my logic anyway, purely from a business point of view. What's yours?

My logic is that the only thing he will be in the summer is six months nearer to the end of his contract.

Let's be honest, there's more chance of Dave Penney being given the freedom of Oldham than him signing a new one so the clock is ticking on his time here.

So for me the best thing to do would be to try and cash in on him now while his profile is on the rise, unlikely but not impossible that over the next six months his form falls off a cliff or he gets a bad injury and then he's not worth a carrot to us.

Edited by deyres42

My logic is that the only thing he will be in the summer is six months nearer to the end of his contract.

Let's be honest, there's more chance of Dave Penney being given the freedom of Oldham than him signing a new one so the clock is ticking on his time here.

So for me the best thing to do would be to try and cash in on him now while his profile is on the rise, unlikely but not impossible that over the next six months his form falls off a cliff or he gets a bad injury and then he's not worth a carrot to us.

Except like I said previously, if he leaves at the end of his contract we are entitled to compensation, even if he goes to Scotland. It is feasible that we will get more money then than we will now.

Except like I said previously, if he leaves at the end of his contract we are entitled to compensation, even if he goes to Scotland. It is feasible that we will get more money then than we will now.

Aye, I know we would be compensated at the end of his deal and it's all hypothetical but the club aren't just going to let him run his contract down and run the risk of not getting the fee that they feel he is worth - if somebody comes in with a reasonable bid for him in this window or the next then he'll be away.

And to be fair if he is still here in 18 months then his progress will probably have stagnated anyway.

I would understand so very slightly had he done anything for England, barring a brilliant performance 13 years ago against Germany and a goal against the U.S.A at the world cup.

Now, Frank Lampard on the other hand. I'd have been bowing had it been him on the field.

One of the best English centre midfielders of the last 20 years

Aye, I know we would be compensated at the end of his deal and it's all hypothetical but the club aren't just going to let him run his contract down and run the risk of not getting the fee that they feel he is worth - if somebody comes in with a reasonable bid for him in this window or the next then he'll be away.

And to be fair if he is still here in 18 months then his progress will probably have stagnated anyway.

Yes but it does mean that if he progresses, especially at the rate he has been, that he will be worth more in June than he is now, despite him being 6 months closer to the end of his contract, which was the point I was trying to make against your theory.

If the club get a good offer for him this window, he will be off anyway.

Agreed. I clapped him as he was subbed and got a load of :censored: from a guy behind. He's a world class player and the captain of our national team. Why shouldn't I show my appreciation?

However, according to Neanderthal Man behind he's just a dirty scouse bastard and I should support my own team ha ha. Brilliant.

I also clapped him off, no one else around me did though.

He might see out this window but there's not a chance he'll be a Latics player next season. Not a chance.

While we are all allowed our different and valid opinions on if or when Tarkowski goes we will never know which strategy would have been best. If he goes 'today' we will never know how much he would have fetched next week, next summer or the summer after. Or any combination thereof.

The ball is in Corney's court and he has much more data than any of us lot put together. There would also need to be agreement with Tarkowski.

Am I the only one who thinks Liverpool are the likely club to sign him, and given Rodgers admiration for us, that he will be loaned back until the summer?

i think this, i hope this, whether this will happen is another question! Rodgers asked James to train with them 2-3 times a week to which James didn't take up the offer! bizzare that