Prediction League Cup Thread

Stevie_J

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Home tie against the biggest of the big. It's a challenge I'm looking forward to, the lads are up for this one and on the day it's 11 v 11 and anything can happen. The romance of the cup.

Top marks to Zorrro, i dont regret playing the reserves but they SHOULD have been good enough to compete at this level, it's an old adage but we will

now concentrate on the league and hope Zorrro goes on to lift the cup....

An afternoon that encapsulated the magic of the cup, saw minnow Zorrro oust the mighty DavidCollinge to progress to the quarter final stage. wardlelatic and rosa failed to show for their fixtures, giving their respective opponents, laticdickovarmy and 8city2 an easy route through to the last eight. Most bizarrely though, underdog's team bus was sent to the wrong venue, handing rocky_latic a win by default.

The results in full:

wardlelatic 0-1 laticdickovarmy*

*- wardlelatic failed to turned up.

JoshOWTB 2-1 GravityGrave

dannyboy5555 1-0 Bristolatic

rocky_latic 1-2 underdog**

**- underdog turned up at the wrong ground. rocky_latic wins by default.

chickenbaltipie 1-1 Ex_pat

Second round replay to take place on 8 February (Bristol City(h)).

LaticsPete 4-0 stevesidg

Zorrro 4-2 DavidCollinge

rosa 0-1 8city2***

***-rosa failed to turned up.

You were on the ball there, Steve. I'd just started to do the results when I spotted you'd done them. I must pay more attention in future. Gutted about the defeat to dannyboy55555, though. It was the old, old story; created plenty of chances but couldn't put them away. Well done Danny. Good luck in the next round.

Well done Chicken, but cut the BS about the later post.

Our predictions are with a view to our league position (near the top). Teams in a mediocre mid/lower league position only have minor cup game(s) to look forward too. We are not concerned about tinpot cup games, we are in there by default anyway.

However, we hope to meet you in the cup next year, so we can grind you in to the dust, cut you up in to little pieces, feed the pieces to the wolves, then burn the wolves, seal the ashes in a box. Weigh the box down with lead and dump them in the Mariana Trench.

Gee, I feel a lot better after writing that.

Good luck for the future, Chicken.

I do apologise perhaps it was just sheer coincidence two weeks running same first scorer, same half time score, same full time score directly after my post, even Derek Acora couldn't have dreamt that one up. Will have to remember to do my league predictions from now on. As the cup means very little to you (less the rant, and promise of a battering next season) feel free to concentrate on the league Mr Wenger :)

Hope you haven't plagiarised the top predictors to enhance your league position? Just kidding.. forums are for friendly and constructive banter, good game Sir!

Edited by chickenbaltipie

• 2 weeks later...

The cup competition continues for the last eight players with the away game at Tranmere on 1 March and the draw (using the numbers allocated in this thread), sponsored by Lego, has been made, with Joe and Elijah taking care of business again.

If you've survived this long, take a look at the video to see who you're up against.

Tie of the round is Rocky v Latics Pete. Whoever wins that wins the cup.

Go rocky..........seems that it should have been me if I damn well post on The correct thread in the last round...sniff....rocky through because of stupidness.....he'd better win...heheh