Prediction League Cup Thread

Stevie_J

Rocky_Latic and LaticsPete live to fight another day after a hard fought draw. laticdickovarmy storms into the semi-final, whilst chickenbaltipie and JoshOWTB go safely through and keep clean sheets into the bargain.

chickenbaltipie 4 - 0 dannyboy55555

Rocky_Latic 1 - 1 LaticsPete [Replay on Saturday 8th March]

8city2 1 - 9 laticdickovarmy

Zorrro 0 - 2 JoshOWTB

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Devastating defeat for 8city, with laticdickovarmy showing absolutely no mercy. No one expected Zorrro to progress as far in the competition as he has. He'll be pleased with his run. The big one goes to a replay and chickenbaltipie continues his great cup run and will really be beginning to think he has a chance of going all the way.

Great to see Zorro in the semi (As he was my conquerer in the prelim round) LDA looks the man too beat possibly eyeing a league and cup double, or will the ammount of games tell on him. Chicken baltipie being in the semi means we get to hear Joe express his liking for chicken pie when the draw is made. this is getting tasty (See what i did there)

Sorry Zorro it's my age

Edited by disjointed

• 3 weeks later...

That's the problem with the cup. It's largely a matter of luck rather than decent predicting. Low-quality competition. It's worse than the poor league.

One of those ties is second v third from the league. Which I think explains these mind games, from the man immediately behind them in the league.

Although, Rocky would have been knocked out a couple of rounds back, had underdog not committed the schoolboy error of posting in the wrong thread.

One of those ties is second v third from the league. Which I think explains these mind games, from the man immediately behind them in the league.

Although, Rocky would have been knocked out a couple of rounds back, had underdog not committed the schoolboy error of posting in the wrong thread.

Thanks for the reminder....but the footy gods were kind this week with my whopping 14 point, yes 14 point haul on sat instead.

Cup pah!!!! .....

Only messing well done to all those that have survived....heheh

Although, Rocky would have been knocked out a couple of rounds back, had underdog not committed the schoolboy girl error of posting in the wrong thread.

FIFY

My first season in just feeling my way, missed a few weeks which hasn't helped my league position, school boy errors I know. chicken pie is destined to be served up in the final :) look forward to a competitive game Josh.

Glad it wasn't the Orient game that counted...

• 2 weeks later...

So who has made it to the final? The semi-final results are:

Rocky_Latic 1-4 laticdickovarmy

chickenbaltipie 0-1 JoshOWTB

Commiserations to Rocky_Latic and chickenbaltipie. No one remembers the defeated semi-finalists.

Congratulations to laticdickovarmy, for whom a league and cup double remains a possibility, and JoshOWTB on reaching the final.