The subs worked really well, was expecting Rooney off as we'd looked quite exposed down the right hand side all first half - Rooney seems to struggle to protect his full back when playing out wide, whereas Petrasso and Dayton (when he came on) have the pace to get back and help. I was a little surprised to see JCH off but I think using Harkins as the link gave us more numbers in the midfield and sparked a really good spell by us. Liverpool had to respond by bringing on Suarez which is a huge compliment to us.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rooney worked his nuts off going forward but especiaslly working back and working for the team.if he still gets critism after his performance today then he may as well leave as some fans have made their mind up and won't change it.

JCH like Rooney worked hard but it didn't really happen for him and he was largely in affective. I was suprised by the changes but it resulted in a purple patch and for nearly 15 mins you wouldn't have known who was the premier league side.

Rooney worked his nuts off going forward but especiaslly working back and working for the team.if he still gets critism after his performance today then he may as well leave as some fans have made their mind up and won't change it.

JCH like Rooney worked hard but it didn't really happen for him and he was largely in affective. I was suprised by the changes but it resulted in a purple patch and for nearly 15 mins you wouldn't have known who was the premier league side.

Which part don't you agree with Lancy lad? Edited by palmer1

Great performance to a man out there today - with one exception. I am genuinely surprised by support for Harkins in here; granted it was his first game - and a cameo chasing the game against a Prem team, but still...

Clearly overweight, yet easily muscled off the ball, too many flicks and seemingly unable to get the ball under control. Maybe fitness related but just looked too immobile for my liking.

I would love to be proven wrong, but the signs didn't look great to me!

Agree. Well apart from him taking off Rooney which was the right decision

Dayton was cack! Didn't manage to get a cross in and was out muscled by a 8 st midget everytime he tried to do anything

Harkin was decent though.

So you agree the subs were cack... except for two of them?

Not sure how that works?

We kept it competative for aslong as possilbe, sounds stupid but the goal helped to lose the fear of who we was playing and started to play some decent football, all in all very happy from the tics and didnt shame ourselves, that being said the tossers who let off flares is another thing! Do people not realise our club will get fined for it!!! Comlete and utter d**kheads!

Great performance to a man out there today - with one exception. I am genuinely surprised by support for Harkins in here; granted it was his first game - and a cameo chasing the game against a Prem team, but still...

Clearly overweight, yet easily muscled off the ball, too many flicks and seemingly unable to get the ball under control. Maybe fitness related but just looked too immobile for my liking.

I would love to be proven wrong, but the signs didn't look great to me!

I think (and hope) that at league 1 level he will get more time & space to create and maybe dictate the game more....can't really judge him off yesterdays game.

Agree he needs to shape up to fit LJ's otherwise mostly-slender regime but thought he looked a class act. Once he's had more than one training session with the rest of 'em, I'd expect to see people running off his flicks and passing to him without him having to scream and point at the gaps opening up in front of him. Good signing.

Agree he needs to shape up to fit LJ's otherwise mostly-slender regime but thought he looked a class act. Once he's had more than one training session with the rest of 'em, I'd expect to see people running off his flicks and passing to him without him having to scream and point at the gaps opening up in front of him. Good signing.

I know he was chucked on up top but there was one point where you could see why other fans think he is luxury. Wes and Smith battled for the ball on the right hand side and the ball managed to break away to Aspas on the halfway line, with harkins only a ocuple of yards away, and he cantered back with no urgency. Luckily Aspas was yard dog and Grounds tackled him, but he really was lazy in that moment as a fresh sub not tracking back.

That said, his touch and willingness to get on the ball were good, just think he needs some intelligent runs in front of him.

There is only one person in that team that I will criticise. The outfield players did what was asked of them and protected our goal during the first half. When we couldn't make it to 90 minutes LJ made the changes, Harkins looks an excellent addition for league one and Dayton was outmuscled.

There is only one person in that team that I will criticise. The outfield players did what was asked of them and protected our goal during the first half. When we couldn't make it to 90 minutes LJ made the changes, Harkins looks an excellent addition for league one and Dayton was outmuscled.

dayton outmuscled ? only every game this season,