• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Dayton was more out wrestled than out muscled, with no protection from the officials.

I had a perfect view. None were fouls. In fact dayton flung himself to the floor on a couple of occasions to try and win a free kick when he realised he had been outmuscled.

I had a perfect view. None were fouls. In fact dayton flung himself to the floor on a couple of occasions to try and win a free kick when he realised he had been outmuscled.

Aye, Sterling well and truly had the measure of Dayton, who, as a result, was completely ineffective.

General consensus on Harkins is that he is talented but lazy. At 29 to carry a tag like that then its probably true, but we play two defensive midfielders so hopefully they can do all his work and he can just laze about then pop up and so something. Problem there is that these types aren't generally welcome at BP. Excluding Baxter that is.

General consensus on Harkins is that he is talented but lazy. At 29 to carry a tag like that then its probably true, but we play two defensive midfielders so hopefully they can do all his work and he can just laze about then pop up and so something. Problem there is that these types aren't generally welcome at BP. Excluding Baxter that is.

I shouldn't think he's lazy, probably has just one speed.

Be interesting to see how we set up on Saturday and the coming weeks, breaking teams down and scoring has been the problem at home, does that mean Harkins comes in and the Smith/Wes axis is broken up? Or does he play behind a lone striker?

Worrall surely been signed to play, but wide or in the middle?

Does Lockwood come in at centre back and Grounds shift back to LB?

At least we've got options now when everyone is available, can only be a good thing.

Just been speaking to my Bury supporting boss, he was gutted when I said we had Worrall, their best player last year. He did then wonder what the hell is going on at Rotherham as Bury have Nardiello and Rotherham have sent quite a few others out on loan, possible money issues?

Just been speaking to my Bury supporting boss, he was gutted when I said we had Worrall, their best player last year. He did then wonder what the hell is going on at Rotherham as Bury have Nardiello and Rotherham have sent quite a few others out on loan, possible money issues?

Evans has form for that.

Probably more a case of having to balance the books, might see us doing the same especially if we are still looking to bring 1-2 in.

Having just watched it back, Dayton isn't out muscled, he is fouled, usually a very subtle shirt-pull, on a regular basis by Sterling, who is very lucky to stay on the pitch after being booked, one very cynical foul in particular.

Getting back to the OP, I don't think I saw Harkins pass to a Red shirt during his 30 minute cameo, keeps that up and Johnson will have found another good player.

Having just watched it back, Dayton isn't out muscled, he is fouled, usually a very subtle shirt-pull, on a regular basis by Sterling, who is very lucky to stay on the pitch after being booked, one very cynical foul in particular.

Getting back to the OP, I don't think I saw Harkins pass to a Red shirt during his 30 minute cameo, keeps that up and Johnson will have found another good player.

I hope he continues that on Saturday - Stevenage play in red.

He split opinions with the people I sit with. One called him a 'donkey' which I challenged.

I must say I like what I saw in this lad. Granted the baggage he comes with from Scotland is a bit of a belly and the reports of lazyness were on show at times when he lost the ball (confirmed on LTV) however his TOUCH, STRENGTH and AWARNESS was lovely at times. He was looking to move the ball FORWARDS! and looked for little 1-2-1's on a few separate occasions.

....the tossers who let off flares is another thing! Do people not realise our club will get fined for it!!! Comlete and utter d**kheads!

I'm firmly pro-pyro however I realise there are laws which forbid use. I would think that those people that let the smoke bombs off at this game do not know the implications of their actions, you should have told them - all they need is guidance and awareness, not name-calling.

I'm firmly pro-pyro however I realise there are laws which forbid use. I would think that those people that let the smoke bombs off at this game do not know the implications of their actions, you should have told them - all they need is guidance and awareness, not name-calling.

Bollocks. Who on earth doesn't know they aren't meant to set fireworks off in a crowd? They do it because it's norty.

Bollocks. Who on earth doesn't know they aren't meant to set fireworks off in a crowd? They do it because it's norty.

I've witnessed the approach I mentioned above at a recent game, and the lads involved didn't know the personal consequences and they certainly didn't know the club could get fined. £5000 fine is something a non-league team can well do without. The chap who talked to the lads truly believed that he would get dogs abuse, but they listened took it all in. Time will tell I suppose.

I've witnessed the approach I mentioned above at a recent game, and the lads involved didn't know the personal consequences and they certainly didn't know the club could get fined. £5000 fine is something a non-league team can well do without. The chap who talked to the lads truly believed that he would get dogs abuse, but they listened took it all in. Time will tell I suppose.

and I quote:

Cheers ***** i was one of the lads you spoke to and I would like to thank you for approaching the matter in a friendly way unlike some of the muppets on this forum who think its good to attack young lads, we only want whats best for the club like most people. Whilst on the subject that pyro facts website is the biggest load of crap I have seen.

My view of how Harkins played at the time, though predicted some would base their analysis on looks only.

As someone who suffers from Asthma the idea that it's ever acceptable to let off a firework in a crowd is alien to me. They prevent you being able to see the pitch, endanger those around you and it's a selfish act to release one.

As someone who suffers from Asthma the idea that it's ever acceptable to let off a firework in a crowd is alien to me

I suppose there are a great many things that have health implications for asthmatics, smoke bombs clearly being one.