I heard yesterday....

There maybe some truth in it but my big puzzler is... why would TTA want to go through taking a club into and out of administration and going through all the debt again when they have the finances at Oldham under control?

Ambition.

The writing is on the wall for all to see at Latics. We will become, at best, a decent Championship Club. TTA have seen the apathy of the Oldham Public and know that they will never get big regular crowds at Boundary Park.

QPR on the other hand are a Premier League side waiting to happen. They have a massive fan-base and will sell-out week in week out if they are in contention for silverware. They have been hamstrung lately due to their Finances but that could end with a take-over at the right price.

I really hope it doesn't happen but would not be surprised if it did.

It would take serious money to sort QPR out though - do TTA have that sort of cash?

It all depends on who the creditors of QPR are. If it is Paladini and the Board (as I believe it is) - either in loans or in the form of guarantees - then a new owner may get the Club for a much smaller sum than what is actually owed. They wouldn't expect a full pay-off. It avoids the Club going into Administration as long as all other Creditors are paid in full.

Anyway, let's hope it doesn't happen.

It all depends on who the creditors of QPR are. If it is Paladini and the Board (as I believe it is) - either in loans or in the form of guarantees - then a new owner may get the Club for a much smaller sum than what is actually owed. They wouldn't expect a full pay-off. It avoids the Club going into Administration as long as all other Creditors are paid in full.

Anyway, let's hope it doesn't happen.

But those losses are what the club has accrued to support them at a not very good level in the Championship, they would need to cover those running losses just to stand still, never mind to take the club forward. How much more would it cost to compete for promotion?

But those losses are what the club has accrued to support them at a not very good level in the Championship, they would need to cover those running losses just to stand still, never mind to take the club forward. How much more would it cost to compete for promotion?

QPR were up the creek financially when they went down to League One a few years ago and never recovered. They have been financially mis-managed for years from what I understand. Paladini is desperate to get out and so is not in a good bargaining position and so will have to take a hit. A takeover could more or less wipe the slate clean if it is done for the right price.

Just like Leeds although of course they went down the Admin route. Assuming the CVA is approved, they will have pot loads of cash from Ticket Sales; Sponsorship etc. and be able to spend, spend, spend on players and new goldfish. Hopefully, Uncle Ken will screw them over and leave them back in the mire.

Im sure he will reply to you Bob, but be honest, what do you think the chances are of him telling you the truth even if he was planning on doing this?

It would cause widespread panic amongst the Latics faithful which would have a negative effect on the club.

My guess is that you will get a reply along the lines of.......

"These stories come up all the time and we are going to give our full backing to Oldham Athletic".

I suppose that the SPL and English Football League are two completley different establishments. They cant govern each other. Therefore owning a club in each shouldnt be a problem, unless both enter the same competition (such as the UEFA Cup or Champions League)

It's only a matter of time before that happens. Only a matter of time.

Just to set the record straight.....

I was told it was Simon Corney and Simon Blitz who were interested in buying QPR. I asked about Danny Gazal and was told "he isnt interested, it is just the other two who want it".

It occured to me last night, could this mean Mr Gazal staying with us and maybe overseeing the development whilst Messers Corney and Blitz went to QPR?

It always struck me that Mr Gazel and Blitz were the money men and Corney only ran the club and had no financial imput into the deal with Mr Gazel being the silent partner with him being based in the USA full time.

That is my understanding as well Coco.

This rumour seems to have died a death though so hopefully, it was just speculation with someone putting 2 and 2 together and making 5.