What games are you playing at the moment?

Matt

EA Access looks very good value at £20 for the year. Says I get to play full versions of loads of games like Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield, Madden 16 etc...

Is there a catch? Am I missing something?

https://www.ea.com/eaaccess/en_GB.html?utm_campaign=eaa_eaa_uk_gam_srch_ggl_brand&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_term=ea%20access&sourceid=eaa_eaa_uk_gam_srch_ggl_brand&gclid=CPft5pOfmdECFc8y0wodF8QBNg

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EA Access looks very good value at £20 for the year. Says I get to play full versions of loads of games like Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield, Madden 16 etc...

https://www.ea.com/eaaccess/en_GB.html?utm_campaign=eaa_eaa_uk_gam_srch_ggl_brand&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_term=ea%20access&sourceid=eaa_eaa_uk_gam_srch_ggl_brand&gclid=CPft5pOfmdECFc8y0wodF8QBNg

Not looked into myself but you can get that together with 12 months Live membership for £50 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01M1I7TLQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_IAqzybCZTZW7K

Yeah, the catch is it's EA.

I bought Fallout 4 earlier. Will have a go tonight.

How long do I need to play for to get my virginity back? :grin:

Keep going, we'll tell you.

It's a completely different market these days - I think the landscape of gaming has changed quite a bit especially if the only vision you have is spotty :censored: in 1982 bedrooms coding on a C64. All those kids with 2600's in the seventies are now fortysomethings with kids themselves who are gaming for recreation - grabbing an hour here and there after work, I've got three Xbone games on my shelf that I still haven't finished, no time to jump on.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

You played the Mass Effect games before Rummy?

No, I fancied the look of ME4 Andromeda and thought I'd better play through the series first!

(I'm on two now - I like the way actions of the first instalment effect the second, and I presume the third and fourth as well.)

No, I fancied the look of ME4 Andromeda and thought I'd better play through the series first!

(I'm on two now - I like the way actions of the first instalment effect the second, and I presume the third and fourth as well.)

Good idea! 1-3 are self contained in terms of choices you make in the earlier games affecting the outcome in the 3rd. I think Andromeda is set to be it's own thing in the same universe (with some link to the previous games).

Funny you should mention how much your liking how your actions have consequences. I wont spoil anything but I'll be interested to see what you think at the conclusion of the 3rd game.

• 2 weeks later...

It all goes down hill after the 1st.

It just turned into a run of the mill shooter. Like Gears of War in space.

The 1st one wasn't without it's flaws, but it was a solid RPG which had a great sense of exploration and immersion.

Then EA bought Bioware and they stripped back the RPG elements and made it as middle of the road as they could.

Edited by PlayItLivo

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/11/2016 at 8:38 AM, rummytheowl said:

The Japanese, Asia in general I suppose, combine horror, folk legend and children's perceptions (edit: plus amazing sound tracks) very well indeed and Yomowari: Night Alone is no exception. Stick this on your Steam wishlist...

This is now on sale. About a tenner, get it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be playing a 16-man Football Manager tournament on Wednesday with a winner's prize of a grand.

It's at Revolution in Manchester on Oxford Road, and anyone can turn up for a nosey, or it'll be streamed on BetBright's facebook page.

My team name will be Barnett Wanderers or something like that.

Previous tournaments have looked like a right laugh!

On 06/03/2017 at 8:45 PM, Oafc88 said:

Good idea! 1-3 are self contained in terms of choices you make in the earlier games affecting the outcome in the 3rd. I think Andromeda is set to be it's own thing in the same universe (with some link to the previous games).

Funny you should mention how much your liking how your actions have consequences. I wont spoil anything but I'll be interested to see what you think at the conclusion of the 3rd game.

I'm about a third of the way through ME3 and I've paused it for a bit - it's good but I'm losing interest so I need a break from it for a while, I finding myself skipping dialogue where I wasn't in 1 and 2, me and my usual team of middle-aged gamers have all got Ghost Recon so we're going through that when we're all on together. I'm hold off on ME4 Andromeda for the moment whilst it's patched up.

On Sat Apr 22 2017 at 8:29 AM, rummytheowl said:

I'm about a third of the way through ME3 and I've paused it for a bit - it's good but I'm losing interest so I need a break from it for a while, I finding myself skipping dialogue where I wasn't in 1 and 2, me and my usual team of middle-aged gamers have all got Ghost Recon so we're going through that when we're all on together. I'm hold off on ME4 Andromeda for the moment whilst it's patched up.

Yeah I know what you mean.

I bought Ghost Recon as it come out, thought it was pretty good, enjoyed the feeling of completing complicated missions (there being a number of obstacles in a base for example). Felt accomplished once id done them. Not been on it for a bit though.

Ive now got Andromeda. Its good, and I happily say buy it. It feels like it's lacking something though from the first trilogy and I cant put my finger on what!

Edited by Oafc88

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Working my way incompentetly through Dishonored 2.

Stealth/low chaos appears to be beyond my abilities, even when I try really hard.

Case in point #1: used Domino to chain two guards, then hit one with a sleep dart. Congratulated myself on avoiding killing them. Then they both fell asleep on an oil lamp.

Case in point #2: snuck up on sleeping guard and killed him. Then read the note next to him where he tells his kids to be good as he'll be home soon. Reloaded save game to avoid killing him, but in going around him I set off various alarms and ended up killing everyone else in the building.

Edited by Crusoe

Beyond Good and Evil 2 looks interesting. Looks similar to No Mans Sky in terms of scope and potential size of playing area (whole planets to traverse and travel in to space) and seems to be a bit more populated with a bit of personality. I do have my reservations though as to how much filler will be in a game of this size! One to watch...