How come the club are calling it a "Council-backed scheme"? The only money from the council is what they paid for the Lancaster Club land to avoid being sued, and that went to Brassbank.

Because for the first time it actually has council backing. Albeit not primarily financial backing.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

.....which in Marco's defence () means there is little/no incentive for him to spend any money on improving them. Not that he can afford it anyway.   Blitz isn't lying when he says the land/

Sadly, when you volunteer to get involved with something like Trust Oldham, you end up representing idiotic wankers like you.   It makes me wonder why good people like Tracy and many others

I'll put my head above the parapet, to say that those folk slagging off Paul Whitehead need to give their heads a wobble; I've known the Whitehead family professionally for more years than I care to r

Posted Images

A few new pictures added to @OAFCStandWatch. Looks like the 4th block is on its way up already.

It's sure flying up.

it isnt you know your all being conned its david blaines latest illusion corney has paid him a back hander whilst your distracted hes doing a runner with the cash

4,152 at FC United tonight, we could do with some of those filling our new stand when completed.

It does help when you're affiliated with the most supported team in world football. Fair play to their community work and the way they're run, but had they not spawned from the red side of Manchester there wouldn't have been 100 there tonight.

It does help when you're affiliated with the most supported team in world football. Fair play to their community work and the way they're run, but had they not spawned from the red side of Manchester there wouldn't have been 100 there tonight.

Of course, but If its creating a game with atmosphere like that for £8... also, that's a bit disrespectful to the 880 Chorley fans who made it.

By all accounts, there was over 1000 listeners on FCUM Radio too.

It's hard to tell at this stage and I may well be wrong but the new stand doesn't appear to be having a curved roof as in the artists impression on the release of the design.

It's hard to tell at this stage and I may well be wrong but the new stand doesn't appear to be having a curved roof as in the artists impression on the release of the design.

Artists ! Good job we didn't get one who was in the Picasso style.

It'll be curved.

(Plans can be searched for here: http://planningpa.oldham.gov.uk/online-applications/search.do?action=simple&searchType=Application)

c6EXqSE.jpg