North Stand Construction Thread

I'm referring to the framework for the block, not the seating areas.

I realise that. The picture you referred me to was taken yesterday, when there were three bays. The one showing the steelwork for the fourth bay was taken today and confirms what you said..

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks Diego for the pics it looks great mate

this confirms to me that corney blitz et al do have the clubs interest at heart an if there trying to run the club into the ground to make way for houses there going about it in a strange way just look at the picture above.

I realise that. The picture you referred me to was taken yesterday, when there were three bays. The one showing the steelwork for the fourth bay was taken today and confirms what you said..

Here's another one from yesterday: https://twitter.com/OfficialOAFC/status/453562021246541824/photo/1

Initial framework for the fourth was up by close of play last night.

Anyway, bring on number five!

But here's the rub.

We're talking of 11 bays, right? So why are there 15 on the plans? (but 11 on the artist's impression).

Hope this doesn't mean we've reverted to plan B, the economy version of the stand...though having said that, the footings do appear to run the full lenghth of the pitch, or thereabouts.

(Oh, the tension!)

When the artists impression was first showcased I seem to remember a few fans being disappointed with how big it looked and/or how many fans were accommodated.

It is only now we have seen one section actually up (for most of us) and photo's of 3 more being added that we can now see what a very impressive stand this is going to be.

It is going to bear little resemblance in size with the 'model village' artists impression.

Someone/people need to take the credit - and it's a very short list.

Just looking at the Oldham arena plans, the north stand would have been 3 times as big :omg:

Next question, is there any thoughts at all about the next step from here for Boundary Park? New stand or not, the other 3 are all falling apart to various lengths. (Not trying to whing/stir - before we know it we'll be in 5 years time already and it took that long to finally get this going!)

Just looking at the Oldham arena plans, the north stand would have been 3 times as big :omg:

Next question, is there any thoughts at all about the next step from here for Boundary Park? New stand or not, the other 3 are all falling apart to various lengths. (Not trying to whing/stir - before we know it we'll be in 5 years time already and it took that long to finally get this going!)

What could have been, eh?

2vuj0xl.jpg

Doesn't it just feel nice to see something forward-looking taking place after being shafted at every turn? I don't care right now that it's not what we hoped for back in the day, a lot of things happened and we are where we are. Something good is happening before our eyes.

And... I'm not one to get all, "interior designer,"about design, but this approach means we will likely look like a real ground with mismatching stands and random features in 20 years time, which I am happy with

Hopefully a massive spruce-up of the main stand, whilst keeping its relatively unique tier/tunnel layout.

Says 2328 on the planning app.

Corney said later the stand would be slightly bigger than originally planned and the capacity increased to 2484....if you take into account the corporate boxes and directors suite it will probably be in excess of 2600.

Hopefully a massive spruce-up of the main stand, whilst keeping its relatively unique tier/tunnel layout.

I agree. I really hope we retain the unique feature of steps descending to the pitch. I like it, it makes for a grand entrance and in any new stand in the future would really make for an exciting feature.

Whether rejuvenating the rest of the stadium takes 5yrs, 10yrs or never is not important. It looks as though Corney is going to rectify his mistake of prematurely knocking down the Ford Stand by replacing it with a magnificent new one. We will then have our sorely missed four-side stadium back with a generous upgrade.

The next upgrade can only take place when someone decides to further invest in the club - for any reason whatsoever that suites them.

Growing up in the 40s and 50s most people didn't expect 'owt for nowt'. Today, getting something for nothing is a little easier, even expected, but it doesn't quite stretch to building a football stadium for a few fans.

We must live in hope.

Meanwhile, almost half the world — over three billion people — live on less than £3 a day.

And at least 80% of humanity lives on less than £8 a day.

We are doing OK.

Doesn't it just feel nice to see something forward-looking taking place after being shafted at every turn? I don't care right now that it's not what we hoped for back in the day, a lot of things happened and we are where we are. Something good is happening before our eyes.

And... I'm not one to get all, "interior designer,"about design, but this approach means we will likely look like a real ground with mismatching stands and random features in 20 years time, which I am happy with

Major cricket grounds often have mismatching stands, but that's seen as fine,

Major cricket grounds often have mismatching stands, but that's seen as fine,

I think what LL was saying that having 4 distinct and different stands, as opposed to a bowl-like structure is better, and I'd be inclined to agree with him.

Archived