North Stand Construction Thread

The great news for you is that if it's not clearly signed you can show this and get the ticket cancelled. The bad news is that it's generally frowned upon to assault people enforcing the law.

Small signs on the lamposts but no kerb markings which I tend to look for, a genuine mistake...I wouldn't mind but there are double yellows all the way up on the BP side. I could understand it if it was a busy time of the day but the road was bleeding empty!

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Small signs on the lamposts but no kerb markings which I tend to look for, a genuine mistake...I wouldn't mind but there are double yellows all the way up on the BP side. I could understand it if it was a busy time of the day but the road was bleeding empty!

I parked there the other day - didn't notice any permit signs and, as you've rightly pointed out, it's only double yellows on the BP side.

I must've been a lucky one.

FWIW, if I go to Latics to the ticket office I find you are best parking on B and Q and walking across, although I know this doesn't suit everybody.

I park in the hospital, 30 minutes free parking, the walk is a bit less. Won't work if there is a long queue though.

, as you've rightly pointed out, it's only double yellows on the BP side.

I'd guess that's to allow people to park in front of their house rather than it being a car park for the hospital, and the lines on the other side prevent carnage on match days. But anyway, the stand is still looking great!

When I pick up away tickets I always park on the club car park behind the RRS. These are the 2 nearest small sections to Sheepfoot Lane. Beyond them is leased to the hospital, I think.

There have always been spaces there and the club don't mind. In the last 12 months or so when I have queued for tickets for the big Cup matches a club steward has directed fans trying to park on Furtherwood Road to these car parks.

Popped over to have a look at the stand from that very spot this afternoon only to find a parking ticket stuck to the windscreen on my return.

Didn't realise Furtherwood rd was for permit holders only....the crafty bastard must have watched me get out of my car I was only in the ground a few minutes.

£70 bloody quid......it's a good job he was gone when I came out!!

i was in the club shop midweek,when one of them must have crawled out of the grid to put a ticket on my car,I was only in the shop no more than 2mins,I ran out an he asked me if this was my car in which I replied,f#ck off,an moved it across the road next to the rre,the woman in the shop said they are a nightmare,surely this ain't good for the club with these wankers hideing behind bins an garden walls,I thought it was just on match days this permit thing!!

Council has to pay for it's share of the new stand, and this seems to be the way.

Maybe the people in the club shop can warn people straight away?

I have no involvement here, but I have a certain knowledge on the subject. To repeat... if it was unmarked, everyone from the hospital would park outside people's houses. Residents parking gives people a chance to park outside their house or nearby.If there weren't yellow lines the other side then that would be the hospital car park. It would be :censored:ed trying to drive down there in the morning or evening with traffic going both ways and cars parked both sides.

Not being a misery ,,,, You can get a spot what time is this..... ? Or use your permit. Took us an hour to park last week.

This is the bit of the hospital nearest the ground. It's by the Mortuary and the Diabetes centre. Not ideal if you are going to the other side of the hospital, as it's around a 5 minute walk uphill to the main entrance. Think it was about 2pm, but I've only ever parked there once during the day in the week. It is easier and cheaper than running the risk of getting a ticket on Furtherwood Road.

Ha ha ha, you bell!

I have no involvement here, but I have a certain knowledge on the subject. To repeat... if it was unmarked, everyone from the hospital would park outside people's houses. Residents parking gives people a chance to park outside their house or nearby.If there weren't yellow lines the other side then that would be the hospital car park. It would be :censored:ed trying to drive down there in the morning or evening with traffic going both ways and cars parked both sides.

Fully understand what you're saying but to be fair it's common knowledge for hospital staff... I came from Broadway through the club car park at the back and didn't notice any signs.

I haven't parked outside the club for years and some kerb markings would make for better awareness...of course they then wouldn't bring in enough fines.

I wouldn't mind if I was on the double yellows and blatantly ignoring them but I genuinely didn't see the signs......that's enough on the subject cos I'm totally wound up again!!!

When the new stand is up I assume there will be extra car parking for the club shop..or will the whole car park on non match days be hived off as a pay car park for hospital staff ?

It would be ludicrous not to reserve some spaces for the shop, particularly if they move the shop into one of the units in the new stand.

Ill ask this question again cos i asked just before the thread got hijacked with the parking fines.

Are the seats gunna have OAFC written on them like in the fly through you tube video or be plain like in the artists mock up? The oafc would be good. As would the oldham athletic on the top of the building pitchside.

Ill ask this question again cos i asked just before the thread got hijacked with the parking fines.

Are the seats gunna have OAFC written on them like in the fly through you tube video or be plain like in the artists mock up? The oafc would be good. As would the oldham athletic on the top of the building pitchside.

Doesn't look so on the artists impressions, however they've proved to be inaccurate in regards to the size/length of the stand.

I'd also hope so, though.

The tunnels are at the ends of the stand...the centre which is being constructed now has no tunnels.

If you look at the plans there seems to be 4 blocks of terrace then the first tunnels. Si i would imagine they will go in before the next terrace blocks given we currently have 4 terraces in

Archived