North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picture posted of the new stand by Simon Wood on Twitter. There is some sort of crane going up to the upper tier of the main stand. Looks like it's towards the directors seats. Maybe work is starting kitting it out for the cameras?

Have the 1st Round League Cup TV matches been decided yet?

Would have thought 'Boro away against lower league opposition might have been potentially of interest to the TV companies....

EDIT - Google is your friend. Already decided. Not us. Ah well, will just have to beat 'Boro and get another Championship side at home in the second round to secure our first TV appearance of the season.

Ah well, will just have to beat 'Boro and get another Championship side at home in the second round to secure our first TV appearance of the season.

Probably drawn the most difficult opposition possible. Just signed Stewart Downing, who was touted as one of the Premier League players of the season just a few months ago, for £7m!

Hope we can keep the score down to a respectable number because they absolutely dismantled us in the same fixture a year ago during a difficult start. It can't have helped the team's confidence.

Didn't mind losing to 'Boro last season because they were excellent to watch. We weren't particularly bad that game, just outclassed. Looking forward to the game!

That's the pic I took Kusunga. Stand is coming along nicely, really looking forward to sitting in it next season. Suspect it will be all hands to the pump before first league game. The town of Oldham and the club has been crying out for something like this for years.

Today's pictures:

End panel being fitted.

19133717803_352c5960c8_z.jpg

Floodlights fitted to underside of roof.

19728447016_58e44c26c3_z.jpg

Glass to1st floor gym installed behind my seat. NOTE: Darker coloured seats are in the shade aka the dry area. :OASISscarf:

19568023169_b5df115ffa_z.jpg

Car park surface leveling underway.

19747364212_c883d6fa21_z.jpg

Is it the whole car park being surfaced or just the area in front of the stand entrance that is fenced off in that photo?

The whole of it, but I understand the difference in levels in the area immediately outside the stand is being sorted out first. Eventually, it's supposed to look something like this.

13892434986_85fe89f0a7_c.jpg

Ha Diego; I assume that with L136/137 I will be both in the shade and dry!!

Any predictions as to the quality of the football?

Will see you late August due to holidays.

Cheers - Brian. :grin:

First one to light up a ciggie.

First steward to issue a warning.

First man to use the ladies toilets in desperation.

First dog to find its way in.

First wasp to find its way in.

First pigeon to find its way in.

First person to start the Zigga Zagga chant, only to be drowned out by the sound of the Chaddy roar.

The whole of it, but I understand the difference in levels in the area immediately outside the stand is being sorted out first. Eventually, it's supposed to look something like this.

13892434986_85fe89f0a7_c.jpg

A bit more grey panelling than that picture shows! Blue must be more expensive than grey!

Archived