North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there going to be more choice of beers in the actual bar, assuming that 'Stadi-Yum' is in the concourse?

From what I recall isn't that the same as what is currently available in the Main Stand bars?

You'd have thought so, those signs look like they'll be all around the ground.

How about putting a picture of the old Ford stand next to it for comparison purposes, I remember being excited by that back in the day, built entirely from the proceeds of the Ford initiative to reward the team that scores the most goals and gets the fewest bookings each month. Didn't we win it every month as we won promotion from the fourth division (1971)? I don't think Ford did it again as I suppose we weren't the glamorous winner they hoped for!

How about putting a picture of the old Ford stand next to it for comparison purposes, I remember being excited by that back in the day, built entirely from the proceeds of the Ford initiative to reward the team that scores the most goals and gets the fewest bookings each month. Didn't we win it every month as we won promotion from the fourth division (1971)? I don't think Ford did it again as I suppose we weren't the glamorous winner they hoped for!

Yeah every month. Think it was 2 grand a month and 50 grand as overall winners. 70 grand went a long way in those days.

Comparison with the artist's impression of the new stand, before alterations were made to the specification.

13892312071_ff357d5155_c.jpg

Awful beer.

So short sighted.

Whatever these big breweries offer for serving their piss water could surely be outweighed by the extra people craft/real ales or decent lagers might have brought in....?

There was a real opportunity to be a bit different here.

What a shame.

So short sighted.

Whatever these big breweries offer for serving their piss water could surely be outweighed by the extra people craft/real ales or decent lagers might have brought in....?

There was a real opportunity to be a bit different here.

What a shame.

Not forgetting:

http://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/30-Clubs/6109-brewers-droop

The grey parts above and below the windows are crying out for something to cover them.

A clock, some flags/banners, a scoreboard, writing etc.

I'm sure that sort of thing will be the last addition but it looks a bit like an office block at the moment without. Hopefully they have some plans for that section. Worth a look at Preston's latest stand for ideas.

The grey parts above and below the windows are crying out for something to cover them.

A clock, some flags/banners, a scoreboard, writing etc.

I'm sure that sort of thing will be the last addition but it looks a bit like an office block at the moment without. Hopefully they have some plans for that section. Worth a look at Preston's latest stand for ideas.

I'm more of a minimilaist so I quite like it as is... but a simple clock and score board would be good. I certainly dont want :censored: loads of naff advertising on there, that would wreck the look if it.

Archived