North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jajeoh.jpg

nice view...

Having seen so many views from across the pitch and the car park this is a really good image to see how it'll be for others on match days. It does fit in quite nicely.

The grey parts above and below the windows are crying out for something to cover them.

A clock, some flags/banners, a scoreboard, writing etc.

I'm sure that sort of thing will be the last addition but it looks a bit like an office block at the moment without. Hopefully they have some plans for that section. Worth a look at Preston's latest stand for ideas.

Advertising all the way. It might not look great advertising Gordon's Automatic Pie Machine across the front of a shiny new stand, but there are bills to pay.

Can someone tell me why there are a section of darker shade of blue seats? or is it a trick of the light.

External executive seating was the impression I got. Dark blue cushions sellotaped to the plastic, or maybe something a little more high tech.

External executive seating was the impression I got. Dark blue cushions sellotaped to the plastic, or maybe something a little more high tech.

yeah padded exec seats I expect... there should be a random one further to the right about 4 rows down for me...... surely some mistake!!?

Having seen so many views from across the pitch and the car park this is a really good image to see how it'll be for others on match days. It does fit in quite nicely.

Advertising all the way. It might not look great advertising Gordon's Automatic Pie Machine across the front of a shiny new stand, but there are bills to pay.

Spot on.

Given that 70% of fans will be sitting in the new stand, what business would be daft enough to advertise on it? Better to adorn the Main Stand, for the direction that most fans are looking for the 90 minutes...

I'm behind the banners/flags on the lower grey section and writing and a clock on the upper grey section. That said, if the stand is named the Gordon's Automatic Pie Machine Stand, then I'll pass on enscription...

Given that 70% of fans will be sitting in the new stand, what business would be daft enough to advertise on it? Better to adorn the Main Stand, for the direction that most fans are looking for the 90 minutes...

I'm behind the banners/flags on the lower grey section and writing and a clock on the upper grey section. That said, if the stand is named the Gordon's Automatic Pie Machine Stand, then I'll pass on enscription...

The TV cameras point in that direction though. It won't have the reach of a Superbowl advert, but around a million people watch the football league highlights each week. Not to mention the YouTube and Latics Player exposure which will get a good amount of coverage locally.

On a smaller level there will also be photographs in the newspapers, programmes, websites.

Given that 70% of fans will be sitting in the new stand, what business would be daft enough to advertise on it?

While taking the cynical view is often wise, I think the power of the direction the TV camera points will be a key consideration for any significant advertising spend.

The TV cameras point in that direction though. It won't have the reach of a Superbowl advert, but around a million people watch the football league highlights each week. Not to mention the YouTube and Latics Player exposure which will get a good amount of coverage locally.

On a smaller level there will also be photographs in the newspapers, programmes, websites.

Those grey sections are miles too high for the cameras to reach, unless the club point the camera so it includes all the new stand.

Those grey sections are miles too high for the cameras to reach, unless the club point the camera so it includes all the new stand.

You could well be right there, although I have a suspicion this could be our new permanent camera angle. (Based on nothing other than my belief it's a far superior viewpoint)

Has anyone actually looked at an advertising board at Latics and thought I'm going to buy something from that company?

That's not always how advertising works though is it? I've always thought that it's often more a case of drilling a brand's name into your subconscious so that when you do eventually require marine cargo insurance you instantly plump for NMU.

You could well be right there, although I have a suspicion this could be our new permanent camera angle. (Based on nothing other than my belief it's a far superior viewpoint)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUXUZpG2_Y4

You're probably not far off with that guess. There must be something better though.

It's too distant - can't distinguish between players at all - but if there's money involved there's little most clubs won't do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUXUZpG2_Y4

I hope note that camera view is awful and if those were the highlights available on latics player I would quickly be cancelling my subscription

I hope note that camera view is awful and if those were the highlights available on latics player I would quickly be cancelling my subscription

Christ, chill. No it isn't it will be staying where it is, there was only one game last season where highlights were filmed from the north stand and that was scunthorpe at home.

I think the dreams of craft beer were always fanciful, and I whilst I genuinely love a decent beer it would not be a decisive factor in attending games or not. Though being honest it would possibly make the difference between getting to the game a bit earlier to have a drink or not, but I would have thought that I would be in the minority.

Stand looks good, but I am a little concerned about the impact it might have on the atmosphere if too many of our fans go there. A "one sided" stadium could end up being less atmospheric than a 3 sided one.

Anyone have any idea on the split of the ST sales across the 3 home ends?

Chesterfield have installed that bottoms-up thing

I don't like the manic look in that bloke's eyes whilst he speaks about "bottoms up".

Also, it's just not right. There's only one hole in a beer glass for a reason. If it's got two holes it's a tube.

I don't like the manic look in that bloke's eyes whilst he speaks about "bottoms up".

Also, it's just not right. There's only one hole in a beer glass for a reason. If it's got two holes it's a tube.

You'll not be saying that when you can get three pints in at half time because it doesn't take 14 of the 15 minutes to actually get served!

Archived