North Stand Construction Thread

The seat issue may not yet have been decided. I'd be surprised if it's something the planners would give a toss about. It could be decided pretty last minute, it's just a matter of ordering a few hundred white seats. It could even be a yet to be decided sponsors name.

The 'tunnels' leading to the bottom of the stand seem to have dissapeared as well.

Take a look at the elevations of the stand on page 13 of this thread, the gangways from the concourses are towards the end, there are a few solid blocks centrally. Visuals aren't worth the, erm, megabites they're written on.

EDIT: Beaten to it..

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just hope there will be a bar that can be accessed without having to enter the stadium properly for before and after the game. That has to be a steady bit of income for the club surely

I think a sports bar was mentioned which is accessible without entering the ground.... not sure if this has been confirmed, but it was mentioned at the open day when the plans were shown at BP.

Just hope there will be a bar that can be accessed without having to enter the stadium properly for before and after the game. That has to be a steady bit of income for the club surely....

...and also on non-matchdays and for social events, discos, quizzes etc.

Can't wait to show the progress we've made to some Liverpool friends who are stopping off at bp next weekend as part of the Hillsborough walk.

Thanks for your money, this is what we have built so far.

Built by a family of latics fans, for latics fans, I'm confident it's going to be the best of what the club can afford and a top notch build too

I think a sports bar was mentioned which is accessible without entering the ground.... not sure if this has been confirmed, but it was mentioned at the open day when the plans were shown at BP.

Went to Fleetwood recently, the sports bar there is very good, nicely furnished with loads of seats, 20+ TV screens, plenty of bar staff, a little kitchen knocking out burgers/chips/pies.

They had a matchday host on the mic reading out ticket and event details and handing out copies of the team sheet to every table.

Found it pretty engaging and we should be looking to do the same.

Is it me, or does the seating terrace look as though it's steel and not concrete. Be bloody noisy if it is. Looking forward to seeing it has developed even further when I get up there for the last game against Notts County. Really enjoyed the pics and time frame vids. Well done to all who have given us exiles the chance to keep up to date.

Is it me, or does the seating terrace look as though it's steel and not concrete. Be bloody noisy if it is. Looking forward to seeing it has developed even further when I get up there for the last game against Notts County. Really enjoyed the pics and time frame vids. Well done to all who have given us exiles the chance to keep up to date.

And if you look closely at the pictures you can see us locals standing there with jaws open in amazement. "Build it and they will come"

Archived