My sister and brother in law are buying a new build house, they were given the date of 31st July as the date that they would be moving in. This has been pushed back to "...sometime in August" as it isn't finished yet and unlikely to get finished in the next 4 days from the photos on her last email.

Things are delayed when building is concerned, it is unfortunate when tickets have already been sold but anyone who expected this to be up and running for the start of the season is more of an optimist than a fan of OAFC really should be.

It'll be ready by September, probably end of rather than start of, not ideal but over the lifetime of the stand a delay of a month isn't life and death.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

.....which in Marco's defence () means there is little/no incentive for him to spend any money on improving them. Not that he can afford it anyway.   Blitz isn't lying when he says the land/

Sadly, when you volunteer to get involved with something like Trust Oldham, you end up representing idiotic wankers like you.   It makes me wonder why good people like Tracy and many others

I'll put my head above the parapet, to say that those folk slagging off Paul Whitehead need to give their heads a wobble; I've known the Whitehead family professionally for more years than I care to r

Posted Images

My sister and brother in law are buying a new build house, they were given the date of 31st July as the date that they would be moving in. This has been pushed back to "...sometime in August" as it isn't finished yet and unlikely to get finished in the next 4 days from the photos on her last email.

Things are delayed when building is concerned, it is unfortunate when tickets have already been sold but anyone who expected this to be up and running for the start of the season is more of an optimist than a fan of OAFC really should be.

It'll be ready by September, probably end of rather than start of, not ideal but over the lifetime of the stand a delay of a month isn't life and death.

I was always taught to under-promise and over-deliver.

I.e. stand will be ready by Christmas, open it in September.

The club have sold tickets in there for the Boro game, if it wasn't going to be ready for that fixture, they wouldn't have done it.

Had a few tonight with a person who works for Oldham so please excuse my English language it's our monthly club But the HP said that Corney is sweating whether the boxes will be done. Never mind the car park. It's touch and go at the moment if you want to believe me fine if not then ok. The ones who know me know I get a fair bit right.

But will it be OK if we believe you, and fine if we dont?

I was always taught to under-promise and over-deliver.

I.e. stand will be ready by Christmas, open it in September.

The club have sold tickets in there for the Boro game, if it wasn't going to be ready for that fixture, they wouldn't have done it.

This is the same club that everyone else is talking about right? Oldham Athletic - master of the let downs?

This is the same club that everyone else is talking about right? Oldham Athletic - master of the let downs?

In 10 years we have come from administration and being on our arse most of the time to still being in L1. We have a new stand reaching completion and we have seen other clubs our size and bigger sink to oblivion. Forgive me for not feeling let down.

Do you think everyone will get a candle and a box of matches to light our way to the urinals?

Tickets sold for the New North Stand can easily be used for entry to RRE and the Old Main Stand.

The absence of penalty clauses probably means the build costs are less and allows for a slower pace. I would rather they take their time and do it right. It will open for Christmas and probably ready for October which was my estimate for completion six months ago.

We have a New North Stand which will look magnificent. Be happy!

Whatever. Bit sick and tired of childish "my mate says" posts to be honest. I thought they'd gone away when the ones from early summer "not ready before christmas" proved to be utter :censored:e.

I expect to be sat in my allocated North Stand seat for the Middlesbro game. I can see no reason why I won't be.

Whatever. Bit sick and tired of childish "my mate says" posts to be honest. I thought they'd gone away when the ones from early summer "not ready before christmas" proved to be utter :censored:e.

I expect to be sat in my allocated North Stand seat for the Middlesbro game. I can see no reason why I won't be.

First come first served Boro game innit.

#haveyougotyoursyet

If the stand is not ready for the first game of the season, I think we should look on the positive side.

Just imagine the grumbling we can have about it on this forum.

Anything extra to grumble about must surely be a cause for celebration for the members of owtb.

I think that this season could be a new high in terms of the variety of things to grumble about. The new stand provides a whole host of extra topics to be unhappy about and then spend hours telling people about it via the keyboard ("its not ready", "the view is rubbish", "I get wet", "I can't see, "the food is cold/hot/expensive/rubbish", "staff are rubbish", plus a whole host about the commercial side once that gets going.

Then we will have car park grumbles, Chaddy end acoustic grumbles, TV camera position grumbles etc.

And all these in addition to our stalwarts of 'the manager is rubbish', 'the players are rubbish', 'Simon Corney is ruining the club', 'the referee is the worst I've ever seen (until next week, when they will be even worse), "our crowds are too small" etc.

Edited by Scapegoat

In order to save future owtb meltdowns, abuse, pathetic HP Sauces and doubt, the ground and its other three stands should hereby never be refurbished or knocked down and then rebuilt... All in favour say aye.... AYE!!

NAY.

In order to save future owtb meltdowns, abuse, pathetic HP Sauces and doubt, the ground and its other three stands should hereby never be refurbished or knocked down and then rebuilt... All in favour say aye.... AYE!!

Anything saving future OWTB meltdowns? I admire your optimism...!

Edited by singe

Just think we could be Tranmere or worse Stockport but instead we have a new stand which I fully expect to be in for the first home game and as someone else said we are still in league 1. It could be a lot worse - moaners please take note and get on board instead of continually trying to bring the club down!

WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE ACOUSTICS????