North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So now you are trying to say that any alternative decision was not possible? It must be lovely living in your world, even when something goes wrong

Yes I am saying there was no other possible solution as per the below link.........can you say otherwise?

http://www2.nationalgrid.com/UK/Our-company/Electricity/Distribution-Network-Operator-Companies/

My world is lovely - I only control the controllables

As simoncorneyisgod said, this is solely on ENW. I work in building services design and this is not uncommon. The only way to speed them up is by throwing cash at them, something we haven't got

Very helpful and courteous response from NWEL, or possibly less so.....

singe @kent_latic 44m44 minutes ago

@ElecNW_News Please get the Electricity supply to Oldham Athletic.... #oafc http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/breaking-news-north-stand-announcement-2584287.aspx

ElectricityNorthWest @ElecNW_News 10m10 minutes ago

@kent_latic Good Afternoon, this is being dealt with directly with the client. Thank you

Who cares. We've waited long enough, what is a couple of weeks.

Edit: Although I must admit, I doubt I would have bought a Boro ticket had I known I wouldn't be in my new seat.

I care, I've bought season tickets and tickets for the Boro game in the stand on the proviso it would be open, its shoddy at best wouldnt it of been less hassle for everyone if the club was upfront with its customers!!!

So now you are trying to say that any alternative decision was not possible? It must be lovely living in your world, even when something goes wrong

Are you trying to say 18 moinths ago, when they decided who to choose to supply (from a choice of 1) they thought we'd better choose someone else because there will be a delay with a month to go.

Must be wonderful in your world where you can predict the future.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

What are Saturdays Lotto numbers?

Very helpful and courteous response from NWEL, or possibly less so.....

singe @kent_latic 44m44 minutes ago

@ElecNW_News Please get the Electricity supply to Oldham Athletic.... #oafc http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/breaking-news-north-stand-announcement-2584287.aspx

ElectricityNorthWest @ElecNW_News 10m10 minutes ago

@kent_latic Good Afternoon, this is being dealt with directly with the client. Thank you

An update after I expressed my disappointment at their reponse

ElectricityNorthWest @ElecNW_News 3m3 minutes ago

@kent_latic sorry we are doing everything we can, but due to data protection we can only go into detail with the client.

I confess it is annoying but having had a look today I still think October is the likely date. To blame the delay on someone else is disappointing. Now can I please have my old seat or one near it in the Old (open) Main Stand until it is ready?

I confess it is annoying but having had a look today I still think October is the likely date. To blame the delay on someone else is disappointing. Now can I please have my old seat or one near it in the Old (open) Main Stand until it is ready?

Blame the delay on someone else?? Biggest load of BS I've ever had the pleasure of reading. You got any proof? Doubt it.

I don't think any firm would be willing to take such blame for a big project like this. The fact that you think they are, is idiotic.

Don't know why some people have a hidden agenda to knock the club (or corney) and call themselves fans.

An update after I expressed my disappointment at their reponse

ElectricityNorthWest ‏@ElecNW_News 3m3 minutes ago

@kent_latic sorry we are doing everything we can, but due to data protection we can only go into detail with the client.

Data protection! That's a new one....not.

i was going to employ an electrical company at some stage in my life. I won't be using them, not only because i live 100 miles away.

Data protection! That's a new one....not.

i was going to employ an electrical company at some stage in my life. I won't be using them, not only because i live 100 miles away.

I did wonder what they thought I had asked with when they came back with that. AS bad as 'elf and safety.

As simoncorneyisgod said, this is solely on ENW. I work in building services design and this is not uncommon. The only way to speed them up is by throwing cash at them, something we haven't got

Dealing with ENW and UU are nightmares for main contractors as you literally have zero leverage over them, no matter if you're Carillion, Balfour Beatty, Laing O'Rouke or Paddy McGuiness and Sons.

You have to pay them up front, can't play them off against their competitors and can't threaten to withhold future work from them.

Everything is on their terms.

Plenty of main sands seats available, but the centre ones will have gone due to people swapping over.

Dealing with ENW and UU are nightmares for main contractors as you literally have zero leverage over them, no matter if you're Carillion, Balfour Beatty, Laing O'Rouke or Paddy McGuiness and Sons.

You have to pay them up front, can't play them off against their competitors and can't threaten to withhold future work from them.

Everything is on their terms.

Although, because issues with utility connections are so common they are generally deemed 'foreseeable risks' and managed from the outset of any project as so.

I won't pretend to be privy to any of the detail here but all I can say is that on every project I've been involved with you plan to achieve 'power on' way in advance of when you actually need it, knowing there will be delays along the way.

Disappointing that we've opened ourselves up to the first match with the new stand being limited by results.

Had it been first home game I was looking forward to probably seeing the biggest league home crowd for several years. Hopefully near 6000, now if it's a poor start we may lose a proportion of those supporters.

I blame David Dunn, ever since he came along things have gone to :censored:.

It started before Dunn signed. First the Club is stung by a swarm of bees and now it suffers an electric shock, but it's purely coincidence that it happened since the away fans were moved to the Chaddy End.

I have been told via a reliable source (construction contacts rather than the club itself) that the main headache now is the complexity surrounding the routing and physical installation of a pretty major utility......Electricity.

Something to do with the location of the sub station which is close to the Chaddy and those new builds, and the difficulty and time it will take to complete this work.

It's apparently a logistical nightmare as the circumstances are unique to the chosen power provider / installer; they have to seek permissions from several authorities before the work can even commence.

I'm no expert, but I feel I was certainly in conversation with one.

By no means is this meant to be a "told you so" post, but just to reiterate, above is what the power provider has been up against. This was explained to me mid June by a fellow 'tic who is a business rival and expert in this field.

Sometimes the truth IS out there, pity that sometimes it's chosen to be ignored or not even shared.

Archived