North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having to exchange your ticket beforehand if you want to go in the Main stand doesn't strike me as reasonable regardless if it is their fault or not.

The Main Stand is always all-ticket, I imagine largely for safety reasons. If they just said anyone from the North Stand could use the Main Stand without exchanging a ticket then there's potentially an extra 1000 (I don't know the ST figures) people turning up unannounced in the most populated stand.

Having to exchange your ticket beforehand if you want to go in the Main stand doesn't strike me as reasonable regardless if it is their fault or not.

Moaning Mainstand season ticket holders who might have their seat taken would probably disagree.......

Missing the point, they are saying you cannot switch your ticket on matchday if you want to go in the Main stand.

Aah, I see.

Still, I can understand it as they can''t have potentially several hundred people queuing at two windows on a matchday.

It was only ever a handful when RRE'ers could move to the Chaddy End.

The Main Stand is always all-ticket, I imagine largely for safety reasons. If they just said anyone from the North Stand could use the Main Stand without exchanging a ticket then there's potentially an extra 1000 (I don't know the ST figures) people turning up unannounced in the most populated stand.

League Cup and JPT matches havent always been all ticket in the main stand.

Moaning Mainstand season ticket holders who might have their seat taken would probably disagree.......

My main stand seat has reserved on it for league games and that's where I'll be sat.

Dont shoot the messenger. Hearing that building control are unhappy with the foundations. Possibility that the foundations may have to come up.

Building control have to pass the foundations off before a single brick is laid. Im not saying that you are lying, but if this is true, the builders have seriously cut some corners.

Building control have to pass the foundations off before a single brick is laid. Im not saying that you are lying, but if this is true, the builders have seriously cut some corners.

This info is 100%. Discussed yesterday. Not sure if its the whole stand or a certain area.

From http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/buildingregulations/howtogetapproval/howtogetapproval/bconsiteapproval/siteinspections

Site inspections

Where a Local Authority building control service is being used, the Building Regulations require that notice is given to the Local Authority of commencement and completion of the work and at certain other stages:

• Commencement: at least two days before the work is commenced
  • Completion: not more than five days after the work is completed

In respect of other stages, the notice required is (in practice) at least one whole day's and relates to:

• excavation for a foundation (before covering up)
  • the foundation itself (before covering up)
  • any damp proof course (before covering up)
  • any concrete or material laid over a site (before covering up)

When these stages are reached the work should pause to give the authority time to make an inspection. They will advise you if the work does not comply with the Building Regulations.

Where a building is being erected, and that building (or part of it) is occupied before completion, the person carrying out the work is required to give the Local Authority at least five days notice before the occupation.

If the local authority is not informed of relevant stages of work for inspection it may, by notice in writing, require the work to be opened up for inspection so that it can be ascertained whether or not the work complies with the Building Regulations.

Surely more likely to bankrupt the builders.

If it's true I think the council would be at least partially liable, given that they would have passed the foundations as fit for purpose before they were covered up.

Either way, I'd expect it to be covered by someone's insurance.

My source within the club informed me that unless we hit the fa cup jackpot, we didn't, then we'd have to sell to get the building back on. I'm not sure we have anyone we can sell really so I'd be surprised if it starts before summer.

Same source Clifford old boy?

Archived