I'm now on holiday for the next two weeks, got nowt planned apart from lying on the sofa doing very little. If the club needed my to put my arse somewhere else for a couple of hours and do very little there then I might be persuaded.

Do you have a few hundred friends in the same situation?

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

.....which in Marco's defence () means there is little/no incentive for him to spend any money on improving them. Not that he can afford it anyway.   Blitz isn't lying when he says the land/

Sadly, when you volunteer to get involved with something like Trust Oldham, you end up representing idiotic wankers like you.   It makes me wonder why good people like Tracy and many others

I'll put my head above the parapet, to say that those folk slagging off Paul Whitehead need to give their heads a wobble; I've known the Whitehead family professionally for more years than I care to r

Posted Images

Teachers? School dinner ladies, school cleaners, school gardeners, parents off work with the children who aren't in school.

Might even make 50 Latics fans out of that lot.

Maybe 50, at a push. I dare say a lot more would be needed. It's not feasible.

Went down Saturday to pick up season tickets for seats I didn't want (kicked out of Chaddy End) that I won't be able to sit in (not going to be ready) but couldn't get them anyway because, at 10 past 12, ticket office and rest of ground were in darkness and locked up.

Went round the back to look at stand; not a soul about. Looks like a building site! Yes, I know it is one but with two weeks to go, should be looking a bit more like a footy ground.

Electricity supply my arse - it's nowhere near ready.

Went down Saturday to pick up season tickets for seats I didn't want (kicked out of Chaddy End) that I won't be able to sit in (not going to be ready) but couldn't get them anyway because, at 10 past 12, ticket office and rest of ground were in darkness and locked up.

Went round the back to look at stand; not a soul about. Looks like a building site! Yes, I know it is one but with two weeks to go, should be looking a bit more like a footy ground.

Electricity supply my arse - it's nowhere near ready.

Not that many active Saturday building sites.

And why would you have expected the ticket office to be open?

1. Would expect a bit of weekend activity with 2 weeks to go.

2. Because having the ticket office open would make it much easier to collect tickets than not having it open.

I wouldn't expect the ticket office to be open on a Saturday on non match days.

That said, I think that the ticket office opening times should be more clearly displayed.

I wouldn't expect the ticket office to be open on a Saturday on non match days.

That said, I think that the ticket office opening times should be more clearly displayed.

Seems you were a tad unlucky..

Ticket Office Opening Hours:

Monday to Friday - 9am - 5pm

Saturday non Matchdays - 9am - 12 noon

Match Days - 9am - Kick Off

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/oafc/staticpages/faqs.aspx

Well done finding that! I looked all over the website but couldn't find opening times and they're not displayed at the ground.

It was not easy, agree should be much more visible.

In fact it is under Contact Us, but the page is titled FAQ

Edited by singe

Teachers? School dinner ladies, school cleaners, school gardeners, parents off work with the children who aren't in school.

Might even make 50 Latics fans out of that lot.

Do plants not grow in the summer?

Came on here expecting far more gumblng and moaning about the delay.

Clearly not good news, but not the worst.

We now get the traditional first home game of the season excitement, plus a second first day in the new stand excitement.

Posted it on another thread but anyone know whether the new turnstiles are electronic?

As I said on the other thread, the turnstiles have a box of electronics, but I don't know whether that's simply for accurate VAT counting or for bar-code recognition on entry.

As I said on the other thread, the turnstiles have a box of electronics, but I don't know whether that's simply for accurate VAT counting or for bar-code recognition on entry.

Here's a picture of the electronics. Any bright spark know their purpose?

20110882070_2d50406007.jpg

Here's a picture of the electronics. Any bright spark know their purpose?

20110882070_2d50406007.jpg

I think eventually these turnstiles will be electronic, too much wiring in there for a simple more accurate clicker that counts how many fans walk through - as most with a north stand season ticket will know though - it's a book this season but most likely barcode from then on.

Based on the FACTS that the NS ST is a book, and that the club placed an advert for turnstile operators, Im going to go with No, the new turntiles are not electronic.

Having previously been a turnstile operator at both Boundary Park and Old Trafford, I can confirm that even the electronic barcoded turnstiles have one and sometimes even two operators on each one.

However the fact that season tickets are still the books, that does suggest that they are not the electronic ones used at certain grounds nowadays. That's not to say they won't be in the future though as clearly the electrics are in place on the turnstile should we wish to convert over.