North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The stands paid for, the foundations would have been checked 18 month ago when the steel structure was erected I highly doubt such a big error wouldn't have gone unnoticed

Why do you think its taken so long if the money was there from the start and the post that was quoted from me was over a year old.

The discussion on the foundations took place only yesterday.

The stands paid for, the foundations would have been checked 18 month ago when the steel structure was erected I highly doubt such a big error wouldn't have gone unnoticed

This is Latics.....

However, what a load of absolute :censored:ing bollocks coming from the biggest idiot on this message board with a track record for talking :censored:e!

If it's true I think the council would be at least partially liable, given that they would have passed the foundations as fit for purpose before they were covered up.

Either way, I'd expect it to be covered by someone's insurance.

This. How can they be concerned with the foundations now, when they have no way of inspecting them under a bloody great big stand. If there is some truth in it, surely its for an uncovered section.

Maybe it's only concern for the foundations for Underdog's bike rack....

Or the Car Park?

If true.

Quite, however if they do go bust who'd do the work on the stand?

If i hear the severity I'll pass the info on.

Another firm. Happened to house behind us when we lived in Diggle, 40 years agao. Happened where I live 20 years ago. Happens all the time.

But I highly doubt it, makes no sense.

The Club would be in line for money for the Council.... via Building Inspector.

Dont shoot the messenger. Hearing that building control are unhappy with the foundations. Possibility that the foundations may have to come up.

Why can't we shoot the messenger? .... It would be a mercy killing ..... a mercy for all the rest of us on the forum.

Your are full of :censored:, and please spare us the 'only passing on what I heard' excuse.

Lets put it like this. If there was any truth in this and i highly doubt it all work on stand will have stopped. Diego, piccys to chill pple out when ur next passing wud be greatly appreciated

Living 75 miles away, I'm never passing - I go out of my way to keep the pictorial record going. The next opportunity to chill people will be Wednesday.

Living 75 miles away, I'm never passing - I go out of my way to keep the pictorial record going. The next opportunity to chill people will be Wednesday.

I never realised this Diego. Hope you know how much we all appreciate the effort you go to in order to give us our pic fix!

Even more so now I know how far you travel.

As i said its an issue with foundations. As some of the more sensible on here have suggested it may not involve the main building, hopefully. I'll report back if i hear more.

Just to clarify, are you saying we will not get a full erection now?

Archived