North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody watch Doncaster-Leeds in the league cup on Sky?

An advertisement for retaining the historical features of your ground. Imagine having to watch your team play at a stadium like Doncaster's for the rest of your life. I honestly think I'd stop attending.

Grateful for the new stand no end, but let's never bulldoze the Main Stand.

Anybody watch Doncaster-Leeds in the league cup on Sky?

An advertisement for retaining the historical features of your ground. Imagine having to watch your team play at a stadium like Doncaster's for the rest of your life. I honestly think I'd stop attending.

Grateful for the new stand no end, but let's never bulldoze the Main Stand.

There's no doubt some if not all of the new stadiums are totally soul-less bowls. The exception being some of the ones in the greedy league where cost has been less of a restriction.

I think costs would prohibit it, but it would be nice of we could develop the Main Stand in a similar way that Rangers did with Ibrox by maintaining the façade of the original stand.

Two points:

1. I sit on the side because my eyesight is not good enough for me to sit behind the goal. I sit where I'm put at away games but then those days are not just about the football and sometimes not seeing can be a blessing. To find out that I can't sit in the Main Stand following their failure, yes not the builder or any other third party but the club who sold me the season ticket, unless I make a special trip before match day is customer service that not even SportsDirect could sink low enough to provide. Fortunately unlike the weather I have enjoyed in France our English 'sunshine' has put the bowling green under water so our 'summer' barby/match has been cancelled so off to Oldham and I now have the joy of sitting where I sat last year for the first two home games at least.

2. An individual builder does have to give notice blah de blah for inspections but MOST reputable builders don't have to follow the same steps that you or I would if we built our own home (I know I've done it) so it is entirely possible that a subsequent inspection, even a final inspection, could produce concerns that would have to be addressed before a building can be put to its end use. Hopefully this is not the case but is it believable?

Spoke to someone today with regards to the stand. In order for the electricity to connected we need to pay a six figure fee in one go. Still hoping for the Bradford game

So the delay is money? as opposed to difficulty of getting the supply into the stand.

Point of order - it is nowhere near that simple as "Electricity sub-station installed." Picking a bit here but just because the substation and plant (which is installed inside presumably rather than empty GRP housing) is installed does not mean there is a supply out of it and its connected to ENW network. For instance, theres no nameplate or danger of death sign on there so I can say there is no electricity in there and further work is required. This is an absolute legal requirement and for damn good reason. Cable will be run from that plant to the point of connection on the ENW network (which could be kilometres of cable) and then ENW will require an outage to connect it. Getting that does not occur at the drop of a hat.

Archived