North Stand Construction Thread

Point of order - it is nowhere near that simple as "Electricity sub-station installed." Picking a bit here but just because the substation and plant (which is installed inside presumably rather than empty GRP housing) is installed does not mean there is a supply out of it and its connected to ENW network. For instance, theres no nameplate or danger of death sign on there so I can say there is no electricity in there and further work is required. This is an absolute legal requirement and for damn good reason. Cable will be run from that plant to the point of connection on the ENW network (which could be kilometres of cable) and then ENW will require an outage to connect it. Getting that does not occur at the drop of a hat.

Well it's either already connected, or not due to be in the next few days.

http://www.enwl.co.uk/power-cuts/planned-supply-interruptions

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I *think* those are just planned customer interruptions. It is possible to do outages without knocking supplies off.

True. Given the location of the stadium though, it seems unlikely. You'd think Hilbre Avenue at least would take a hit. I'll see if I can get one of my contacts to look at a network map on Monday.

Seems likely to me - usually the HV network is designed to backfeed, especially in urban areas like that...

This is terrible - there are people on here who sound like they know what they are talking about. Surely there must be an OWTB rule about that?

Sad to say it seems I was wrong. I estimated that the new North Stand would be ready in October. It seems that completion will take longer than that. I regret to say I like the 1500 others who have purchased season tickets will just have to wait. An estimate I overheard today was six months with an outside possibility that Christmas could see us in our seats.

Anyone looking at the stand today can see that much has to be done both internally and externally. There are safety rails to be fixed and as yet there is no barrier between the seating and the football pitch. The root problem it was alleged is money. It was alleged that people have not been paid so work is not being completed. I hope this is all a nasty rumour and look forward to reading a statement by the club correcting this. If this is the case then publicly blaming the electricity supply company for the delay would seem to be a mistake.

What I want is an honest statement from the club with arrangement made for us to have a permanent seat elsewhere until the work is completed.

Sad to say it seems I was wrong. I estimated that the new North Stand would be ready in October. It seems that completion will take longer than that. I regret to say I like the 1500 others who have purchased season tickets will just have to wait. An estimate I overheard today was six months with an outside possibility that Christmas could see us in our seats.

Anyone looking at the stand today can see that much has to be done both internally and externally. There are safety rails to be fixed and as yet there is no barrier between the seating and the football pitch. The root problem it was alleged is money. It was alleged that people have not been paid so work is not being completed. I hope this is all a nasty rumour and look forward to reading a statement by the club correcting this. If this is the case then publicly blaming the electricity supply company for the delay would seem to be a mistake.

What I want is an honest statement from the club with arrangement made for us to have a permanent seat elsewhere until the work is completed.

I really don't understand your post. There already has been a public statement. It clearly stated it was a NWE issue. There is no way they would let that pass if it were just money.

Additionally I tweeted them, and after first quoting confidentiality, i complained again and they confirmed they are working hard resolving the issue liaising with OAFC. Again, no way would they leave themselves as at least partially involved if it were money.

I know it happened to be the OAFC way earlier this year, but releasing a statement about a statement is not going to happen.

Even if it was about money, it would be suicidal to openly state it.

The sub station may be there but it's not been officially connected up yet. That will come next week where we will be hit by a big bill for their work. You may have noticed that the new lights were not on, on Wednesday night so it's highly unlikely that it would have been fully connected up in the space of two days. As the oasis album title says, don't believe the truth.

At the open day when we were allowed to view progress from across the pitch I asked our favourite director what would happen if by some chance the stand was not ready for the start of the season. In keeping with their open and honest approach with supporters the director just walked away from me.

I then made my own assessment of progress and decided that although I thought it would be October before we took our seats I would buy a season ticket in the stand because I want to go back to that side of the pitch. I was delighted when arrangements were announced for the stand to accommodate spectators from the start of the season.

I respectfully suggest to anyone who went to the match yesterday that the seating area is way behind schedule and clearly either work has stalled or it was never going to be ready. Lack of electricity was blamed but if it was going to be ready that should now be the only thing holding up delivery of match seating. This is not the case so either we were mislead or something has gone wrong or even a bit of both.

What is the club doing to keep us informed. Well they are once again walking away from the question!

if that's the case that why hasn't it been done cause according to the club were just waiting on the electrics.

why take workers off more important jobs for something that's more cosmetic, no doubt it's a the bottom of a long list of jobs.

for something thats just cosmetic

What Señor Coconut said and the fact that putting boarding might make a lot of the other things that need doing unnecessarily difficult due to access barriers now being there.

Archived