North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To save me trawling back through 196 pages - How much is this new stand costing?

The last number Corney shared was £5m-£6m.

The club's accounts showed a £3m increase in debt to £9m. I think that was at 2014 year end. This figure could be higher now.

I've been told that rental income should be c£1m pa when everything's open, in addition to any new match day income. My guess is that most of that £1m a year will service debt and maintenance costs. Maybe some will sneak into the playing budget. Over time, as debt decreases, perhaps more will be spent on playing football.

The club's accounts showed a £3m increase in debt to £9m. I think that was at 2014 year end. This figure could be higher now.

I've been told that rental income should be c£1m pa when everything's open, in addition to any new match day income. My guess is that most of that £1m a year will service debt and maintenance costs. Maybe some will sneak into the playing budget. Over time, as debt decreases, perhaps more will be spent on playing football.

Interesting stuff. I'd not seen the £1m p/a figure mentioned anywhere. That's quite a bit more than I expected actually.

I was under the impression that OMBC had covered the bulk of what the stand was costing?

I can see it being either Wigan or Scunthorpe before I am sat here:

QWFc9zr.jpg

It will be a bit later than I had hoped but these things happen, we know it is late but I'd rather they still took the time to do a good job of it than set an unrealistic deadline and cut corners to meet it and deliver a less optimal product.

I know it's late. I know we've :censored:ed everyone off moving them to the RRE. I know it's likely going to cost more than it makes for a while. I know it's not the biggest. I know it's going to run out of pies and the beer will taste like warm piss. I know (I hope!) the loos will still have that distinct "This is Latics" stench which lingers for days on you.

But :censored: me a blurry picture of the sun setting in the window doesn't make me feel good.

You can all moan, many of the moans have fair points in fact. But :censored: it - we've almost got a new stand and she is PRETTY!

I know it's late. I know we've :censored:ed everyone off moving them to the RRE. I know it's likely going to cost more than it makes for a while. I know it's not the biggest. I know it's going to run out of pies and the beer will taste like warm piss. I know (I hope!) the loos will still have that distinct "This is Latics" stench which lingers for days on you.

But :censored: me a blurry picture of the sun setting in the window doesn't make me feel good.

You can all moan, many of the moans have fair points in fact. But :censored: it - we've almost got a new stand and she is PRETTY!

Didn't your mother tell you when courting you should never go by looks Ackey? :wink:

To save me trawling back through 196 pages - How much is this new stand costing?

Original estimate £4.5m, but then reported in June 2014 to be increased to £6.5m with all the revisions to the specification.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/86412/new-stand-2m-over-budget

If you want a blurry picture of it have this dreamify one:

CMPWt4uXAAA7Rxx.jpg

I thought they was shelling out £5mil including 700k for us to do work within the community and repaying us for the bollock they dropped in regards to the Lancaster club?

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/8/news-headlines/59263/goalden-handshake

In 2011 TTA were reported to have put approx £14m into the Club plus £3m to buy the Lancaster Club in good faith.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/52487/thats-it-were-off

Looks a bit soulless to me.

I don't particularly like the look of it either, but I was never going to. This is why I hope they spice it up a bit with a clock, banners etc.

End of the day it desperately needed building, and appreciate it was always going to look like your Colchester, Chesterfield sort of stand, although if they did a replica of the new stand on the Main Stand plot I'd be livid.

Is that £9m debt to Corney? And does that mean, if it does make this £1m a year, he'll pack his bags in 9 years time? Once he ensures the club has a steady and reliable income to get his money back, maybe he'll sell up.

I think you'll find that the stand does not belong to the football club and the reported £5m, if correct, is the price ombc have paid for the Failsworth land following their cockup with the charity. I have no idea who is funding the stand but believe some have said it is only the football related income that will go to the football club and I wouldn't be surprised if the football club has to pay rent for the stand. The great grey hope is that it will increase the attendance as well as generating money from the 100 club and the boxes.

I just want an honest message saying when I can take up my seat. Given the delay that now seems likely I would like the club to issue replacement season tickets for a seat in either the RRE or main stand so we can choose where we want to sit until it is ready. They could give us a book of blue vouchers which could only be used until the stand opens. Simple good customer service.

Archived