North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm struggling with this. So just to clarify, we've been adding to the squad in the last month but have been unable to finish the stand because we couldn't afford to pay the electric bill?

And now, a day after signing another player, we can't afford to pay the tarmac bill?

:lol:

Can't we just accept it's been delayed?

I agree it's bloody inconvenient for those who have purchased tickets in that stand and all and dare I say it, hope our club will offer some sort of compensation/token offer

But we will have a stand, somewhere to go pre/post match, something I hope will generate income for our club.

Lets have a sweep....first to post on here the date it will be fully open wether that's for a match or confirmed conference/event and I will buy a pie and and pint for that person the next game in and no editing it too, once posted that's it....I know what you buggers are like.

Balls I'm editing....fully opened seats, 100 club and exec boxes, the two that have posted savage and metty...please feel free to edit and I edited and changed the goalposts.

Can't we just accept it's been delayed?

I agree it's bloody inconvenient for those who have purchased tickets in that stand and all and dare I say it, hope our club will offer some sort of compensation/token offer

But we will have a stand, somewhere to go pre/post match, something I hope will generate income for our club.

Lets have a sweep....first to post on here the date it will be fully open wether that's for a match or confirmed conference/event and I will buy a pie and and pint for that person the next game in and no editing it too, once posted that's it....I know what you buggers are like.

Scunthorpe at home 10th October for fans to be fully sat in with no restriction. 24th November for both seats and executive boxes to be used.

Edit changed from August to October

@Matt_Chambers_: Stand news: Electricity North West have told us they will complete work to connect power supply to the new North Stand tomorrow. #oafc

Oldham Chronicle have now just tweeted this.....

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/93711/more-delays-as-new-stand-waits-for-power-connection

????

It sounds to me like that lack of power has held other things up such as the installation of machinery etc. Not hard to put one pie warmer in but linking all the beer cooling and testing can take a few days.

The online story is the same as what they managed to put in the paper this morning. Matt Chambers' tweet follows up from that (rather than the other way round )

It looks like that is solely in response to the Club Statement on the website and precedes the 'hot news' of the connection being sorted tomorrow.

Savage, why you taking so much pride in supposedly being 'in the know' and spreading negative news about the club we love. I wouldn't take pride in spreading that kind of info, but then again i actually am one of the few who is still supportive of this club. Either way the stand will be built, i can wait a few more months till i take my seat in the new stand, not as if i cant find a seat in the rre anyways.

I don't take pride in being the news breaker. I've said on many occasions I want the stand complete as quickly as possible because we need the stand to move forward as a club. The only thing I take pride in is the people who call me a liar or say I'm speaking nonsense and it turns out to be right.

I don't take pride in being the news breaker. I've said on many occasions I want the stand complete as quickly as possible because we need the stand to move forward as a club. The only thing I take pride in is the people who call me a liar or say I'm speaking nonsense and it turns out to be right.

Fair enough then. I believe you to be honest.

Archived