North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been up there today, don't think it will be long until the fenced off section of the carpark will be ready for the tarmac, they were starting to fill in the boarders ready for planting trees and bushes. The turnstiles are bigger than they looked on the last photos in here, bigger than the RRE atleast.

CityLife Manchester ‏@CityLifeManc Aug 14

Bars and restaurants of Manchester! Are you already taking bookings for Xmas parties (Yes we know it is only Aug). If you are let us know!

Oldham Event Centre ‏@oecnews Aug 14

@CityLifeManc We're taking bookings for our Xmas Winter Wonderland Party Nights at our brand new Event Centre! #Xmas

Steven May @steviemay Sep 1

@oecnews @CityLifeManc ... Is the stand and OEC going to be completely ready for these events - incl. parking spaces ?? #stillnotopen

Steven May @steviemay Sep 2

@oecnews - Excellent !! Any updates on exactly when to quash all the gossip and rumours about lack of cash stalling the completion ?!?!

Steven May @steviemay Sep 2

@oecnews Pity ... PS - asking as an interested party based on a booking I have with you for Jan 2016 #cheers

Oldham Event Centre @oecnews Sep 2

@steviemay Looking forward to hosting you! Apologies for lack of info...but all updates will come through the club's official channels.

Been up there today, don't think it will be long until the fenced off section of the carpark will be ready for the tarmac, they were starting to fill in the boarders ready for planting trees and bushes. The turnstiles are bigger than they looked on the last photos in here, bigger than the RRE atleast.

Yeah but according to OWTB we haven't got any money for the tarmac anyway

Yeah but according to OWTB we haven't got any money for the tarmac anyway

I've been right with my recent posts, which have made you look foolish. Things do change and the delay was paying the wages of the builders who were owed a month. Obviously this has been settled and the work can be completed. Which, is a good thing. I've heard nothing from my source recently (that's why I have not posted in) so looks like everything is running smoothly at the minute.

I've been right with my recent posts, which have made you look foolish. Things do change and the delay was paying the wages of the builders who were owed a month. Obviously this has been settled and the work can be completed. Which, is a good thing. I've heard nothing from my source recently (that's why I have not posted in) so looks like everything is running smoothly at the minute.

Yeah look at me here all foolish.

You told us there was no money to tarmac the car park, yet every time I went past which is virtually daily, they were preparing the area for.......... tarmac. Could it have been that there was no need to pay for the tarmac as it wasn't required at the time? Instead you put posts on like that to whip up yet more negativity and doom and gloom on OWTB about the stand.

You told us there was no money to tarmac the car park, yet every time I went past which is virtually daily, they were preparing the area for.......... tarmac. Could it have been that there was no need to pay for the tarmac as it wasn't required at the time? Instead you put posts on like that to whip up yet more negativity and doom and gloom on OWTB about the stand.

Yeah but look at the stand it aint finished yet! A lot of us feel that the delay is caused by cashflow problems. I tend to believe Savage, not because I want to believe him but his points seem to fit the slow progress. In my view it will be ready for Xmas-maybe not to watch a game from but to hold functions and earn money for TTA

In fairness to Savage, you mocking the info on OWTB does look foolish because it has mostly been correct.

Even if you don't like what you hear, the happy clappers, me included, that kept getting angry at those saying it wouldn't be ready have been silenced recently...

Yeah but look at the stand it aint finished yet! A lot of us feel that the delay is caused by cashflow problems. I tend to believe Savage, not because I want to believe him but his points seem to fit the slow progress. In my view it will be ready for Xmas-maybe not to watch a game from but to hold functions and earn money for TTA

It's much simpler to get it ready to watch a game than to complete the functions part, for which Christmas bookings are being taken.

It's much simpler to get it ready to watch a game than to complete the functions part, for which Christmas bookings are being taken.

Booked our Christmas party for 11/12/15...80 of us so it's best bloody well be our I'm going to be lynched as I've arranged it..yikes

Obviously Diego, as usual, I totally agree with you but I do think that the main priority is to receive money for TTA from functions and Xmas is looming!

I do feel that all other considerations are secondary in the minds of those in control of the progress.

For functions the car park needs doing so it will be (perhaps partially) completed asap.

For functions the electricity plus certain fittings needs connecting so it will be (at least partially) completed! etc etc

Archived