My point isn't specifically that disabled people should pay. It is that the club aren't obliged to offer free parking for the disabled. The whole concept of disabled parking is that it is closer to the building, not that is free.

I understand disabled have to pay out for things but they also get a lot heavily discounted or even free. If we got into that debate we would end up with all sorts of excuses as to why people should have free parking.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

.....which in Marco's defence () means there is little/no incentive for him to spend any money on improving them. Not that he can afford it anyway.   Blitz isn't lying when he says the land/

Sadly, when you volunteer to get involved with something like Trust Oldham, you end up representing idiotic wankers like you.   It makes me wonder why good people like Tracy and many others

I'll put my head above the parapet, to say that those folk slagging off Paul Whitehead need to give their heads a wobble; I've known the Whitehead family professionally for more years than I care to r

Posted Images

My point isn't specifically that disabled people should pay. It is that the club aren't obliged to offer free parking for the disabled. The whole concept of disabled parking is that it is closer to the building, not that is free.

I understand disabled have to pay out for things but they also get a lot heavily discounted or even free. If we got into that debate we would end up with all sorts of excuses as to why people should have free parking.

Don't how many people are affected but it can't be that many, an unnecessary charge and one that they should reverse.

Been up there today, don't think it will be long until the fenced off section of the carpark will be ready for the tarmac, they were starting to fill in the boarders ready for planting trees and bushes. The turnstiles are bigger than they looked on the last photos in here, bigger than the RRE atleast.

CityLife Manchester ‏@CityLifeManc Aug 14

Bars and restaurants of Manchester! Are you already taking bookings for Xmas parties (Yes we know it is only Aug). If you are let us know!

Oldham Event Centre ‏@oecnews Aug 14

@CityLifeManc We're taking bookings for our Xmas Winter Wonderland Party Nights at our brand new Event Centre! #Xmas

Steven May @steviemay Sep 1

@oecnews @CityLifeManc ... Is the stand and OEC going to be completely ready for these events - incl. parking spaces ?? #stillnotopen

Steven May @steviemay Sep 2

@oecnews - Excellent !! Any updates on exactly when to quash all the gossip and rumours about lack of cash stalling the completion ?!?!

Steven May @steviemay Sep 2

@oecnews Pity ... PS - asking as an interested party based on a booking I have with you for Jan 2016 #cheers

Oldham Event Centre @oecnews Sep 2

@steviemay Looking forward to hosting you! Apologies for lack of info...but all updates will come through the club's official channels.

On the basis that someone suggested we would need 5,000 posts on this thread before the ageing North Stand is completed here is another.

836 to go!

PASS THIS EMAIL ON TO 7 OF YOUR FRIENDS OR ELSE THE NORTH STAND WILL GET DRY ROT

Been up there today, don't think it will be long until the fenced off section of the carpark will be ready for the tarmac, they were starting to fill in the boarders ready for planting trees and bushes. The turnstiles are bigger than they looked on the last photos in here, bigger than the RRE atleast.

Yeah but according to OWTB we haven't got any money for the tarmac anyway

Yeah but according to OWTB we haven't got any money for the tarmac anyway

I've been right with my recent posts, which have made you look foolish. Things do change and the delay was paying the wages of the builders who were owed a month. Obviously this has been settled and the work can be completed. Which, is a good thing. I've heard nothing from my source recently (that's why I have not posted in) so looks like everything is running smoothly at the minute.

I've been right with my recent posts, which have made you look foolish. Things do change and the delay was paying the wages of the builders who were owed a month. Obviously this has been settled and the work can be completed. Which, is a good thing. I've heard nothing from my source recently (that's why I have not posted in) so looks like everything is running smoothly at the minute.

Yeah look at me here all foolish.

You told us there was no money to tarmac the car park, yet every time I went past which is virtually daily, they were preparing the area for.......... tarmac. Could it have been that there was no need to pay for the tarmac as it wasn't required at the time? Instead you put posts on like that to whip up yet more negativity and doom and gloom on OWTB about the stand.