North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone think that yesterday's events will allow the club to make what they think will be a discreet announcement sometime very soon that the opening will not happen V Wigan in a fortnight?

That fence, the piles of aggregate, those exposed kerbstones, missing windows, the internal second tier stepladders which don't seem to have moved for weeks, loose wiring, and a grim weather forecast - they might as well announce it before my full English tomorrow.

But we've now got far more important things to fry haven't we?

It will be ready when it is ready. In the mean time I'm watching games from the RRE just like I have done for the past few years, there is the improvement this year that we won't be kicked out for big games now that the away team are in the Chaddy. I'd like to be in my new seat but to be honest I'm past caring which bit of blue plastic is under my buttocks.

Anyone think that yesterday's events will allow the club to make what they think will be a discreet announcement sometime very soon that the opening will not happen V Wigan in a fortnight?

That fence, the piles of aggregate, those exposed kerbstones, missing windows, the internal second tier stepladders which don't seem to have moved for weeks, loose wiring, and a grim weather forecast - they might as well announce it before my full English tomorrow.

But we've now got far more important things to fry haven't we?

Pictured yesterday.

21359718116_8a232a8fdf_z.jpg

I think it's refering to the limited capacity phasing that they originaly talked about i.e. 50% open for first game, 75% then 100%.

The mail says they will be providing supporters with weekly updates from now until the opening.

Archived