North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I built my last but one house the plasterers came along and after completing 75% of the work disappeared to another job. It seems they don't like finishing one job without having the next one lined up and started. I can understand this for a single house but are the blokes, I assume, working on the car park of the same mind?

When I built my last but one house the plasterers came along and after completing 75% of the work disappeared to another job. It seems they don't like finishing one job without having the next one lined up and started. I can understand this for a single house but are the blokes, I assume, working on the car park of the same mind?

They might of been laid off

Fair enough, slightly different angle.. ;-)

It almost looks like it could be done in sections, or not all the way up to the stadium, though I cant imagine that being the case. Maybe that's for lanscaping... ;-)

It appears to this extremely untrained eye that the part of the car park nearest the camera will be at a higher level than the main part. Similarly, the part nearest the Chaddy End will be lower than the main part. The main part may well be tarmaced first, but who knows?

It appears to this extremely untrained eye that the part of the car park nearest the camera will be at a higher level than the main part. Similarly, the part nearest the Chaddy End will be lower than the main part. The main part may well be tarmaced first, but who knows?

Somebody on here will, OWTB members know stuff even the contractors and Simon Corney himself don't know.

Oldham Event Centre ‏@oecnews 21h21 hours ago

This morning @SimonJWoodUK has been putting his menu together for 30th October. Let us know if you're coming! #foodie

Graham Turner ‏@Laticsbiffo 20h20 hours ago

@oecnews @SimonJWoodUK Me and the missus are coming, will the venue be ready???????

The 'interesting' thing is which of the season ticket holders are going to miss out if the first 'opening' is just for 50% capacity because 1500 season tickets is more than that.

The same applied when we were told the Middlesbrough game was the 50% one. It was first come, first served.

One option for the first ramp up would be to invite fans to watch Latics train at BP one evening, perhaps lay on a pie each (as a thank you for being patient during the delays). DD, Neil Joy and maybe Liam Kelly to chat with the fans on the concourse area afterwards.

Second ramp up event is then Sheffield United for ST holders only and then final ramp up for everyone is Burton.

That way there's no pissed off ST holders because they have to trek to the ground to get a ticket in advance to sit in the seat they've paid for, no pissed off ST holders who can't get to the ground to be one of the first to swap their ticket in, and we all get to see the apparently wonderful football we play in training.

One option for the first ramp up would be to invite fans to watch Latics train at BP one evening, perhaps lay on a pie each (as a thank you for being patient during the delays). DD, Neil Joy and maybe Liam Kelly to chat with the fans on the concourse area afterwards.

Second ramp up event is then Sheffield United for ST holders only and then final ramp up for everyone is Burton.

That way there's no pissed off ST holders because they have to trek to the ground to get a ticket in advance to sit in the seat they've paid for, no pissed off ST holders who can't get to the ground to be one of the first to swap their ticket in, and we all get to see the apparently wonderful football we play in training.

Someone should fire this over into an email, see if they put forward either this approach or atleast something similar.

How about another 'behind doors' type friendly for the trialists but instead open the stand and facilities and charge a what you think fee. Sell some food and beer and get fuller fit to see if he is up for it nowadays

I'm sure Utd or City could send one of their 600 youth\reserve teams for a run out

That suggestion is far too sensible for the club to consider; even the promised North Stand progress report is long overdue other than a few pics of the car park which many can go see for themselves.

How about another 'behind doors' type friendly for the trialists but instead open the stand and facilities and charge a what you think fee. Sell some food and beer and get fuller fit to see if he is up for it nowadays

I'm sure Utd or City could send one of their 600 youth\reserve teams for a run out

Would that be the same Utd who, under Fergie, could not raise a team, causing the Manc Senior Cup-tie to be postponed, with Latics suffering a financial loss.

Archived