North Stand Construction Thread

One option for the first ramp up would be to invite fans to watch Latics train at BP one evening, perhaps lay on a pie each (as a thank you for being patient during the delays). DD, Neil Joy and maybe Liam Kelly to chat with the fans on the concourse area afterwards.

Second ramp up event is then Sheffield United for ST holders only and then final ramp up for everyone is Burton.

That way there's no pissed off ST holders because they have to trek to the ground to get a ticket in advance to sit in the seat they've paid for, no pissed off ST holders who can't get to the ground to be one of the first to swap their ticket in, and we all get to see the apparently wonderful football we play in training.

Whatever form the 50% event takes, ST holders unsuccessful in taking part will be pissed off.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Four parts could be the seating, 100 club, boxes and 1895 bar rather than blocks of seating but I assume we will be told which seat numbers can go for Sheffield Utd.

I think the original plan was:

1. a partial opening of the seating and concourses at max 50% capacity

2. a partial opening of the seating and concourses at max 75% capacity

3. a full opening of the seating and concourses at max 100% capacity and opening of 1895 lounge and Broadway suite

4. The Exec boxes opening last

So doing this again would fit in with the 4 part plan.

How about another 'behind doors' type friendly for the trialists but instead open the stand and facilities and charge a what you think fee. Sell some food and beer and get fuller fit to see if he is up for it nowadays

I'm sure Utd or City could send one of their 600 youth\reserve teams for a run out

We are due to play Manchester United at home in they Manchester Senior Cup, if they agree to send a strong team of say at least 6 first team squad players it might be ideal.

We are due to play Manchester United at home in they Manchester Senior Cup, if they agree to send a strong team of say at least 6 first team squad players it might be ideal.

Perfect!

I think first to be in the new stand will be incentive enough. Hopefully the club use their brains on this one rather than piss of season tkt holders...hopefully!

Perfect!

I think first to be in the new stand will be incentive enough. Hopefully the club use their brains on this one rather than piss of season tkt holders...hopefully!

Somehow I dont think this board would have the initiative to approach United with the suggestion Palmer.

Somehow I dont think this board would have the initiative to approach United with the suggestion Palmer.

I know, hopefully common sense prevails for once...

Does a certain number have to fill the stand in order to pass it's first inspection?

I know, hopefully common sense prevails for once...

Does a certain number have to fill the stand in order to pass it's first inspection?

Just wondering that, whether you need 50% of it's capacity filled or just 50% open & the same with 75%....

I prefer their stand with the boxes that have a balcony than ours. seems to have a lot more character to it than ours for some reason.

At least they have been getting revenue from it for a number of years because the seating is probably enough for their needs at the momnet and all the boxes are finished and looked fully taken up on Tuesday !!

To a very untrained eye, they looks not far off ready for the pikeys to come and tarmac it. Must have been a big lorry for all that to fall off though....

To an extremely untrained eye, it's nowhere near ready for the boys from the black stuff.

Now if only we'd shook on that £50 bet... :wink:

According to the official site the Sports direct shop fit out has started and it will be open for the Sheffield United game - presumably before the stand itself is fully open.

Genuinely going to be pissed off if it's selling United and City shirts.

Archived