North Stand Construction Thread

Well if the club gets a cut of ALL sales, surely taking their money is better than relying on a few 100 of our shirts every season?

It'd be embarrassing. Away fans milling about the club shop to pass the time and laughing at the fact we're that tinpot we sell United and City shirts at our own ground.

Understood the ground renaming (still BP to so no real odds) but a few extra quid for other clubs' shirts at BP, especially them, it'd be a travesty.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if the club gets a cut of ALL sales, surely taking their money is better than relying on a few 100 of our shirts every season?

How many would they sell though? I can't imagine too many Man U/Man City fans trapesing down to Boundary Park to get a United or city shirt when they could get one either online or in one of the sports stores in Oldham town centre or at the Ethiad or Old Trafford. They wouldn't sell many and would just piss our fan base off although granted it will be Mike Ashley's store and I doubt he would give a crap about that but it wouldn't be a good business decision.

Some stand news from the monthly Sunday club meeting, hearing it is 60/40 that the stand will not be fully functioning for the Sheffield United game. Still only half way through fitting out the boxes and the insides. The supporters bar is the last to be fitted out and certainly won't be done.

Some stand news from the monthly Sunday club meeting, hearing it is 60/40 that the stand will not be fully functioning for the Sheffield United game. Still only half way through fitting out the boxes and the insides. The supporters bar is the last to be fitted out and certainly won't be done.

Fully functioning or inaccessible to ST holders?

I assume there will be plenty of car parking space..unless the new car park is rented out to the hospital?

No more car park income for the Club on non-match days. The hospital now has a massive car park for its staff, at the expense of Westwood Park, where I spent many of my childhood days.

Can't even see why SD would want a shop there; it's hardly a retail destination

I suppose selling Latics stuff, and other bits to Latics fans, and bits and bobs to people from the hospital, people calling in rather than drive into the Spindles, going over from Elk Mill. Can't see it doing much during a random daytime though.

It's bound to be selling kits other than ours -naive to think otherwise. If not, they'd be opening at another Latique, We Are Latics or whatever but this is a Sports Direct so will stock the same as all their other stores.

Why?

They have loads of Lonsdale/Champion/Donnay/Sondico gear to sell that isn't club-branded. Being optimistic about this board, I just can't envisage the football club allowing City shirts to be sold at Boundary Park.

Another nail.

Why?

They have loads of Lonsdale/Champion/Donnay/Sondico gear to sell that isn't club-branded. Being optimistic about this board, I just can't envisage the football club allowing City shirts to be sold at Boundary Park.

Another nail.

If it's not a club shop, why wouldn't they?

It's a Sports Direct outlet that will be allowed to stock whatever they want from their range because otherwise it won't be operating on the same footing as their other shops.

Can't say I'd be bothered either way. They won't be making you buy anything that you don't want.

They've paid to put a Sports Direct there. It's not an official club shop its a Sports Direct so they can sell what they want.

You don't have to buy anything and you don't have to even go into it.

They won't sell many football shirts in there anyway and if they do stock Utd /City kits then they probably won't sell anything to Latics fans at all. Their choice!

What you can do and its already started before the facts are even known is moan about it.

Why?

Another nail.

Do you think the club has that much say?

If it's not a club shop, why wouldn't they?

It's a Sports Direct outlet that will be allowed to stock whatever they want from their range because otherwise it won't be operating on the same footing as their other shops.

Can't say I'd be bothered either way. They won't be making you buy anything that you don't want.

At least it is close to the hospital for their staff! See BBC news today!

Archived