North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect if it is it will be on an unreserved seating basis with first come first served up to the designated ramp up capacity. Those who don't make it in time can go in the RRE. Now this will really be taking the piss!

Why? What's a better solution than first come first served for season ticket holders? Unless you're thinking they'll just make the tickets available to everyone?

The 'fair' way would be to say which season ticket holders by seat numbers will be allowed in so that those who aren't can change the voucher for a seat in the main stand if they want to sit on the side. First come first served will lead to chaos and result in disgruntled supporters being told to go and sit in the RRE once it is full. You don't buy a season ticket to have to race with others for a seat.

The 'fair' way would be to say which season ticket holders by seat numbers will be allowed in so that those who aren't can change the voucher for a seat in the main stand if they want to sit on the side. First come first served will lead to chaos and result in disgruntled supporters being told to go and sit in the RRE once it is full. You don't buy a season ticket to have to race with others for a seat.

They'll just let all season ticket holders in, surely?

A few won't be able to make it anyway so the numbers shouldn't exceed however many they've been told can go in.

Dunn could start Brown, Croft & Philliskirk again just to make sure......

You don't half come up with some crazy :censored: sometimes.

No. That is a :censored: idea.

I expect it to be open

I expect lots of teething problems / cold pies /new stewards that have a hint of Barry Owen about them / followed by a hollow feeling as Latics get beat.....

But overall there will be a sense of relief that the promised land is on it's way.

The next home game will be team win / pies and beer galore / party atmosphere / happy clappers everywhere / dawn of a new era stuff.

I expect it to be open

I expect lots of teething problems / cold pies /new stewards that have a hint of Barry Owen about them / followed by a hollow feeling as Latics get beat.....

But overall there will be a sense of relief that the promised land is on it's way.

The next home game will be team win / pies and beer galore / party atmosphere / happy clappers everywhere / dawn of a new era stuff.

That will be good because it will mean we've beaten Burton Albion! :D

@OfficialOAFC @Matt_Chambers_ @MENOAFC Any news on the stand or do we need to exchange tickets again?!

0 retweets

@steveashy @OfficialOAFC @MENOAFC Expecting an update soon.

7:27 AM - 14 Oct 2015 · Details
Hide conversation
0 retweets 0 favorites

@Matt_Chambers_ @OfficialOAFC @MENOAFC Thanks Matt. Does soon mean today do you know?

0 retweets 0 favorites

@steveashy @OfficialOAFC @MENOAFC Could be, but may also be early tomorrow.

0 retweets 0 favorites

@steveashy @Matt_Chambers_ @OfficialOAFC @MENOAFC I think Simon is now on the phone to the BBC. They thought that DIY SOS was impossible!!!

On a different note, it will be about time we have a shop open around the ground. Myself and the missus have recently got new keys and I said on Saturday (somewhat foolishly) lets get keyrings for them from Latics before the game. I had no idea that the club doesnt have a single merchandise stall/shop anyway around the ground on a match day. Someone correct me if I missed one, but that stinks of :censored: commercial and marketing. At least stick a makeshift stall up selling scarves shirts etc instead of making fans go to Oldham Town Centre to Mike Ashleys shop for it.

On a different note, it will be about time we have a shop open around the ground. Myself and the missus have recently got new keys and I said on Saturday (somewhat foolishly) lets get keyrings for them from Latics before the game. I had no idea that the club doesnt have a single merchandise stall/shop anyway around the ground on a match day. Someone correct me if I missed one, but that stinks of :censored: commercial and marketing. At least stick a makeshift stall up selling scarves shirts etc instead of making fans go to Oldham Town Centre to Mike Ashleys shop for it.

Mike payed the money, Mike sells all the merchandise, Mike keeps money from merchandise sales.

Are we in this stand on Saturday or what?

It's ridiculous that we are barely 48 hours away from the game and still no clarification on seating arrangements.

It wouldn't surprise me for there to be another sob story of how we've been foiled once again by safety issues and red tape etc.etc.

Are we in this stand on Saturday or what?

It's ridiculous that we are barely 48 hours away from the game and still no clarification on seating arrangements.

It wouldn't surprise me for there to be another sob story of how we've been foiled once again by safety issues and red tape etc.etc.

The decision of the stadium safety licensing authority is awaited.

The following link may be out of date:

http://www.safetyatsportsgrounds.org.uk/staff/sgsa-inspectors/ken-scott

Just spoke to the ticket office and they still don't know, it's out of the clubs hands, but 'hopefully' there will be an announcement later today!!!!

I feel another 'sorry for the inconvenience' story coming our way!!

Archived