North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First time in it yesterday and what a joy it was to sit in it even though the viewing on the pitch was dreadful. Such a better view than the main stand and the RRE. Plenty of leg room which must be a first for Latics but very tight on the arms when the row is full. Seems to have a better selection of food as well. Only gripe was having to walk around the fencing with no clear direction, hopefully that can be sorted for Barnsley.

I presume the space between the two concourses is part of the units designed to bring in revenue all-year round.

I've no doubt that is the case. I'm just saying it's not practical and causes a heavier build up of people when modestly populated than if the whole concourse was connected. Dave is right - it will be problematic on the occasions we get a big match.

First time in it yesterday...Such a better view than the main stand.

I doubt that the view is better than that from my seat in the main stand - first row upper tier on the halfway line - it's like watching it on the television. Only difference is that I can't switch channels...

I've no doubt that is the case. I'm just saying it's not practical and causes a heavier build up of people when modestly populated than if the whole concourse was connected. Dave is right - it will be problematic on the occasions we get a big match.

The stand was at about 60% capacity on Saturday but I had no problem getting served twice at the bar without queuing too much and It can't be any worse than the main stand which ain't much bigger than a shower cubicle!!!

Don't forget when the supporters bar is opened up top there will a few hundred in there before and after the game. (Hopefully).....

The stand was at about 60% capacity on Saturday but I had no problem getting served twice at the bar without queuing too much and It can't be any worse than the main stand which ain't much bigger than a shower cubicle!!!

Don't forget when the supporters bar is opened up top there will a few hundred in there before and after the game. (Hopefully).....

...and the 100 Club members will be in their own bar (suite).

...and the 100 Club members will be in their own bar (suite).

So there'll be two indoor bars (other than the one under the stand) that can be accessed at half time? One for the 100 club, one for us plebs?

So there'll be two indoor bars (other than the one under the stand) that can be accessed at half time? One for the 100 club, one for us plebs?

With the width of those Exits it'll take you 15 minutes just to get to the Loo.

The large Bar (1895 Suite) on the top floor with a capacity of 500 will have to close before the game as it has windows overlooking both sides. Dunno about H/T.

Anyone from both clubs will be allowed in, with a ticket for any part of the ground. See OEC link on official :censored:e for details

The Broadway Suite is on the same level as the Boxes and I think is to available to the 100 Club but not the Plebs

http://oldhameventcentre.co.uk/speaker/the-1895-suite/

By the way I was assured that the Executive Boxes and both Bars will be ready for the Next Home Match-And they never even laughed as they said it!

Won't having the concourse split like this effectively allow us to segregate the stand as well i.e. home fans go in 1 side away fans go in the other a line of police and netting inbetween and you can split the stand.

Not saying that's going to happen anytime soon or that it should but its a possibility way in the future if required.

Won't having the concourse split like this effectively allow us to segregate the stand as well i.e. home fans go in 1 side away fans go in the other a line of police and netting inbetween and you can split the stand.

Not saying that's going to happen anytime soon or that it should but its a possibility way in the future if required.

Doubt that is the reason. City have a metal cordon between home and away fans that can probably be moved when necessary, as will many other stadiums with filled in corners.

Archived